Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17,634 Posts
How horrible. My beloved cat was killed by a dog in our own backyard many, many years ago. I feel so badly for your friend having to witness it. It's an awful thing to see. I still get upset when I think about my Georgie.

I always have Muzzle (mace for dogs) clipped to Lady's leash just in case. We have a pretty strict leash law here so thank heavens I have never had to use it, but I would in a heart beat if a strange dog approached us. I wouldn't even wait to see if he were friendly of not as all it takes is one shake of the neck to break it.

Some states don't allow its sale so you have to order it. I can get it here in North Carolina so if anyone has a problem, let me know.

http://www.safetyenforcement.com/macbranmuzsp.html

· Registered
17,634 Posts
Good for you! There ought to be a basic intelligence test people have to pass before getting a dog!

I had Lady out a few weeks ago and a young man came around the corner with a huge male (unneutered) Bull Mastiff. Now, if you've never seen one up close and personal, you can't imagine the size of these dogs! He actually started to intentionally approach us, telling me not to worry, that this dog was a real "sweetheart" and wouldn't hurt Lady! (This "sweetheart happened to be wearing one of those choke collars with metal spikes an inch long!)

Of course I scooped Lady up and mumbled something about her being diabetic and not being allowed near other dogs because of her weakened immune system and got out of their path as fast as I could!

What an idiot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.