Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm meeting with my manager at 10AM to discuss why I think I need a raise and what amount I think is fair. I'm so nervous about it. AH!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
GOODLUCK! Hope you get a lot..heheheh!
I think you need a raise because of the long working hrs and being there so late a night!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I'm nervous cause I'm asking for $4,500-$6,000 raise. That would take me up to more of the fair market wage for my position in a small company. I've never asked for a raise before so that is way I'm so nervous.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
To alleviate that nervous feeling, go into the ladies room just before your meeting and dance for 5 - 10 minutes. Jump up and down and work it all out......you'll go in feeling upbeat, confident and energized. It always works for me when I have a stressful situation coming up.

You'll also look radiant and happy and what boss wants to kill that in an employee? He'll just HAVE to give you that raise!

Good luck! Hope this post is not too late.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Dec 3 2004, 10:44 AM
To alleviate that nervous feeling, go into the ladies room just before your meeting and dance for 5 - 10 minutes.  Jump up and down and work it all out......you'll go in feeling upbeat, confident and energized.  It always works for me when I have a stressful situation coming up.

You'll also look radiant and happy and what boss wants to kill that in an employee?  He'll just HAVE to give you that raise!

Good luck!  Hope this post is not too late.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20062
[/QUOTE]

and lets hope no one see's her do that otherwise they might think she is nuts lol

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Maxismom+Dec 3 2004, 09:48 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Pico's Parent
@Dec 3 2004, 10:44 AM
To alleviate that nervous feeling, go into the ladies room just before your meeting and dance for 5 - 10 minutes.  Jump up and down and work it all out......you'll go in feeling upbeat, confident and energized.  It always works for me when I have a stressful situation coming up.

You'll also look radiant and happy and what boss wants to kill that in an employee?  He'll just HAVE to give you that raise!

Good luck!  Hope this post is not too late.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20062

and lets hope no one see's her do that otherwise they might think she is nuts lol

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20064
[/B][/QUOTE]
Thanks I needed that laugh

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Best of luck!!!! I had my meeting yesterday...good news, I got a raise... but unfortunatly it was not the raise I was looking for so.....dun dun dun.... I'm brushing up my resume, and getting a few cover letters together... I'm being a downer, I'm sorry!!!!!!!!

Best of luck!!!!!
(<=you in the bathroom before you go in)

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
haha

GOOD LUCK! You know you deserve it!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, it went pretty good. My manager (lady) is married to the VP of the company. Her husband pulled some numbers and discovered that our whole department is underpaid. I should be making the amount that I was asking for. Problem is we are not sure if the CEO will approve it. My manager talked to her husband who told her to bring it up with the CEO on Monday.

If I do get a raise I won't get it until my yearly review in Feb (company policy)

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Same thing with my company. The cost of living here in Raleigh has really gone up, but the salaries haven't gone up accordingly. Now, with this lousy economy, the mentality is that we're lucky to have a job and benefits, so nothing has been done to raise salaries. I just had a year end review with an outstanding rating, but no raise....

Just a lot of apologies, excuses and promises!

Companies here are really feeling the pinch. It's amazing how many rely on temporary agencies now so they won't have to pay benefits.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
thats really awesome that everything worked out well. I Hope the CEO feels the same way everyone else does!!!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The thing is is that my company is doing really well. We have added 24 employees in the last year. They are planning on adding 1-2 more people to my department the beginning of next year.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Dec 3 2004, 11:57 AM
Ok, it went pretty good.  My manager (lady) is married to the VP of the company.  Her husband pulled some numbers and discovered that our whole department is underpaid.  I should be making the amount that I was asking for.  Problem is we are not sure if the CEO will approve it.  My manager talked to her husband who told her to bring it up with the CEO on Monday.

If I do get a raise I won't get it until my yearly review in Feb (company policy)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20082
[/QUOTE]

It's tough when it has to go to the CEO because your boss can always blame it on him/her if the raise doesn't go through. They can say, "gosh, you do a great job but the CEO says money is tight, we just added 24 new employees, bla, bla, bla..... " So don't be surprised if this happens... I've seen it happen with my direct reports in the past.

I don't know if you've already done this or not, but if I were you, I'd prepare a recap of your accomplishments and your entire case for wanting a raise. Make it very businesslike and organized, etc. This way you will know that the CEO will be aware of all there is to know about your job performance. After all, you are relying on your manager to do a good job of selling you ..... And it is much easier for the CEO to say "no" when he/she doesn't have to say it directly to you but rather through your boss.

So, it will help the CEO connect with you a little more if he/she has this document from you.......

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Dec 3 2004, 02:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
@Dec 3 2004, 11:57 AM
Ok, it went pretty good.  My manager (lady) is married to the VP of the company.  Her husband pulled some numbers and discovered that our whole department is underpaid.  I should be making the amount that I was asking for.  Problem is we are not sure if the CEO will approve it.  My manager talked to her husband who told her to bring it up with the CEO on Monday.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20082
It's tough when it has to go to the CEO because your boss can always blame it on him/her if the raise doesn't go through. They can say, "gosh, you do a great job but the CEO says money is tight, we just added 24 new employees, bla, bla, bla..... " So don't be surprised if this happens... I've seen it happen with my direct reports in the past.

I don't know if you've already done this or not, but if I were you, I'd prepare a recap of your accomplishments and your entire case for wanting a raise. Make it very businesslike and organized, etc. This way you will know that the CEO will be aware of all there is to know about your job performance. After all, you are relying on your manager to do a good job of selling you ..... And it is much easier for the CEO to say "no" when he/she doesn't have to say it directly to you but rather through your boss.

So, it will help the CEO connect with you a little more if he/she has this document from you.......
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=20146
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion

1 - 18 of 18 Posts