7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom got this email yesterday afternoon at work:
Hi there,

I would just like to tell you I think you are incredibly beautiful.  I'm not
trying to accomplish anything, I just want to let you know how gorgeous you
are.  You might be the most beautiful woman in this world.  You are totally
perfect, you've got perfect blonde hair, your body is incredible, it's so
curvaceous in every right spot.  You're toes are perfect w/ the polish you wear and
your fashion is awesome.  You were the right skirts and dresses to show off your
amazing body and the sandals you wear are so seductive.  I just wanted to let
you know i think you are so incredibly beautiful.  Well i'll ttyl.[/B]
Anyone know how to trace and email address? It is from an AOL account. My mom works at a college and is also taking some classes at the college. She is going to make sure she is not alone when she is walking around (just to be safe). She is also going to have security walk her to her car if she has to stay late.

·
Registered
841 Posts
How scary is that Hope eveything works out ok make sure she has a buddy with her ALWAYS and sorry I don't have a clue how to trace will ask my comp guy at our office will get back to u.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
OMG!!! That is sooo scary! I bet the folks in the IT dept. at the college can be a big help. They would know how to trace it using the IP address. Since she got the email on her work email she should definitely bring the school in to the investigation, etc. They should take the ball on this one.....

I hope everything will be OK....

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
How scary! She should contact her IT people. They can trace the address. I bet this guy is someone at work, too, the way he talks about her dresses and skirts.

Ther are so many sickos in the world today.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the IT people at school are tracing it. If they can't trace it they will contact AOL.

My brother just sent this email:
Talked to the guy last night on AOL IM.
He wouldn't give me his name.  He asked who I was and I said Steve.
He really wouldn't talk to me much.  I didn't get stupid with him.
Jesse Walters doesn't have anyway of getting a person's name from a screen name anymore.
When I talked to the guy on AOL IM, he had a baseball logo.  Usually people put the logo with something they like or do for example.  Mine is a hockey player.
Let me know if you find anything out at work.[/B]

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wow that is scary, would you like to borrow my Great Dane

I hope they can figure out who this guy is and take corrective action.
The world just isn't a safe place anymore, I am glad that your mom
is taking all the necessary safety precautions.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Having been in a similar circumstance, please tell her to contact both the Campus Security and your local police department. I don't know what college this is, but some colleges like to keep their "crimes" to themselves. I would really recommend that she speak to the police. I had a stalker about 20 years ago (in the age before the internet) that used to leave me things at my apartment building, on my car, and in my office. He turned out to be a man from the place where I worked. He was married with two children, but he was obsessed with me. He developed an entire fantasy life. He even convinced his wife that I had an affair with him. He did spend time in jail because he threatened to harm me and actually got arrested after he slashed my tires after he was issued a restraining order. To this day, I still watch my back where ever I am. When we first discovered who he was I didn't know him and had never seen him, even though we both worked at the same company. Please tell your mom to be careful and talk to the police.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I agree that the police should be informed and they can investigate it further and perhaps stop it before it gets out of hand.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Kristi,

I agree...the police need to be notified because they need every occurance so that the stalker charge can be made. I also had a stalker after my husband died, so I know how scary it is.

This man who I met at a widow and widowers support group came up to me the very first meeting he attended and asked if I was Bill's wife, of course I said yes. Well, turns out that the man went to school with my husband, thought very highly of him(as did many normal people) and wanted to be just like him....so why not take his wife. The man also had just lost his wife less than a month before...(so I always gave him a little latitude) but, he would bring things to my home and leave them outside (tires for my car, or gifts for my daughter or an Ironing board (weird)...He would constantly leave messages about wanting to marry me and that I should just give in. I would catch him messing with my car and just hanging around the condo I had moved to....the last straw came when my daughter and I were headed out one night to visit a friend in another state...leaving around 11 pm to drive in less traffic....well, he scared my daughter so badly that he was lurking about that I called the police again and he was arrested...I had a restraining order on him for years and he had to face the charges in court. Even after the arrest I would find gifts out in front of my door. When the court date came he showed up married to another woman so the judge thought he was safe now....I gotta say, it still freaks me out and I always watch over my shoulder.

Tell your mom to be so very careful...I learned that this is not something that normal people would even think about....but since it is not normal we have to try and think like them... the police gave me examples of other people who had been stalked when I told them that I was glad I was on the second floor of the condos. Litterally people climbing up the poles outside to get into the condo and such. So Scarry.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just talked to my mom...The police said that since the guy didn't make any threats they couldn't get a subpoena. The cop did say that the freakiest part was how the guy focused on her toenail polish. That means he was close enough to her to see it.

My mom has called AOL twice and they couldn't release the guy's name. They had her forward it onto them to report the email.

The head of the Tech department at the college sent an email to the guy's AOL account asking him to stop by his office. He didn't mention anything about what it was about. They guy emailed him back almost right away saying something about being sorry and that he wouldn't do it again. How did he know what it was about?

As I was on the phone with my mom she got another email from the guy:
I'm sorry for that e-mail yesterday, I know it was wrong and that I was
raised better than that, i just let myself do it anyways.  Again, I'm sorry, I feel
terrible about doing it, I won't let anything like that happen again.[/B]
We are thinking it is a student. We are also thinking it is a student that either works on her floor or in her building (which is freaky).

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Sep 20 2005, 10:51 AM
Having been in a similar circumstance, please tell her to contact both the Campus Security and your local police department.  I don't know what college this is, but some colleges like to keep their "crimes" to themselves.  I would really recommend that she speak to the police.  I had a stalker about 20 years ago (in the age before the internet) that used to leave me things at my apartment building, on my car, and in my office.  He turned out to be a man from the place where I worked.  He was married with two children, but he was obsessed with me.  He developed an entire fantasy life.  He even convinced his wife that I had an affair with him.  He did spend time in jail because he threatened to harm me and actually got arrested after he slashed my tires after he was issued a restraining order.  To this day, I still watch my back where ever I am.  When we first discovered who he was I didn't know him and had never seen him, even though we both worked at the same company.  Please tell your mom to be careful and talk to the police.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101421
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Oh, that is so scary. :eek: I hope they find out who it is so they can put an end to it. Hopefully just a young punk playing around but if so he should turn himself him to end any fears. It makes me scared raising my young children in today's world! Alot of sickos.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Sep 20 2005, 08:27 AM
My mom got this email yesterday afternoon at work:
Hi there,

I would just like to tell you I think you are incredibly beautiful.  I'm not
trying to accomplish anything, I just want to let you know how gorgeous you
are.  You might be the most beautiful woman in this world.  You are totally
perfect, you've got perfect blonde hair, your body is incredible, it's so
curvaceous in every right spot.  You're toes are perfect w/ the polish you wear and
your fashion is awesome.  You were the right skirts and dresses to show off your
amazing body and the sandals you wear are so seductive.  I just wanted to let
you know i think you are so incredibly beautiful.  Well i'll ttyl.
Anyone know how to trace and email address? It is from an AOL account. My mom works at a college and is also taking some classes at the college. She is going to make sure she is not alone when she is walking around (just to be safe). She is also going to have security walk her to her car if she has to stay late.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101359
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes
you have to call up AOL and they can track down where the email came from

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
That is just way too creepy! And then apologizing and saying he couldn't help himself....sounds like a wack-job for sure.....I wonder if he has a prior history with this sort of stuff.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I hope your mom's okay. That's too freaky. When that happened to me my bf at the time arranged for the security guards to walk me to and from my car whenever I left the building and they said I should not ever drive straight home alone. Just drive around in a few circles to be sure that no one was following me. Other than that for a few months I couldn't go anywhere myself. The security guards at school would even wait outside the bathroom for me. I hate how the police can't do anything until threats are made...I would think being stalked is enough of a threat. I can't believe he focused on your mom's toe nail polish...How scary is that?!?! Please tell your mom to be safe

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I SINCERELY hope that it will stop at the apologies. BUT I think there are signs of tremendous effort in the perp's attention to details plus the fact that he is unable to strain himself from contacting your mom via e-mail.

I would advise for her to be on highest alert possible. I don't think it's a student but rather a staff member.

Your mother can actually request the HR office at the college to research their personnel records and see if a staff member have listed the same e-mail address on their resume, application, or any records.

In the mean time, she should be keen on anyone that is into baseball. Check out office decorations, or perhaps someone that attends baseball functions regularly. It may even be a woman, which should not be impossible because of this perp's keen eye to fashion, shoes, and accessories.

Please please pass be save. In the mean time, ask your mother do not discuss this incident further with regular staff members because you want the perp to drop their guard so eventually we can catch that person.

I said WE. :new_Eyecrazy: I didn't catch that but my husband did...
I just care about everyone here so much! It's like my own private group of MALTESE parents. PLEASE be careful!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Sep 20 2005, 02:16 PM
I SINCERELY hope that it will stop at the apologies.  BUT I think there are signs of tremendous effort in the perp's attention to details plus the fact that he is unable to strain himself from contacting your mom via e-mail.

I would advise for her to be on highest alert possible.  I don't think it's a student but rather a staff member. 

Your mother can actually request the HR office at the college to research their personnel records and see if a staff member have listed the same e-mail address on their resume, application, or any records.

In the mean time, she should be keen on anyone that is into baseball.  Check out office decorations, or perhaps someone that attends baseball functions regularly.  It may even be a woman, which should not be impossible because of this perp's keen eye to fashion, shoes, and accessories.

Please please pass be save.  In the mean time, ask your mother do not discuss this incident further with regular staff members because you want the perp to drop their guard so eventually we can catch that person.

I said WE.  :new_Eyecrazy:  I didn't catch that but my husband did...
  I just care about everyone here so much! It's like my own private group of MALTESE parents.  PLEASE be careful!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101512
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I passed your comments on to my mom.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.