Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday Harry started bothering his back left foot a lot. Today, there's a big red bump there and he's limping!!! He won't even put weight on it. Thank God his doctor made room for him at noon!!! I'll update when I get back!!! Please send prayers Harry's way!!!

Thanks,
Debbie

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Yesterday Harry started bothering his back left foot a lot. Today, there's a big red bump there and he's limping!!! He won't even put weight on it. Thank God his doctor made room for him at noon!!! I'll update when I get back!!! Please send prayers Harry's way!!!

Thanks,
Debbie
Good luck Debbie. Hope it's something minor. Let us know. :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Harry is home from the vet. He had an abscess between his toes. :blink:
The vet drained it and gave him antibiotics. He said that Harry could have stepped on something to cause the problem, but he couldn't see anything because Harry wouldn't sit still. He said that he would normally lightly sedate a dog to have a better look, but Harry's liver makes sedation dangerous, so he did the best he could. The area has to continue to drain for a few days, and it shouldn't be covered, so it's pretty messy right now. I have to try and keep Harry from bothering it, too. I have a soft e-collar that I bought for Teddy, but it's way too big for Harry, so I guess I'll be making a trip to the pet store. (The vet only had bigger hard ones.) While we were there, the vet took blood samples for Harry's normal blood tests, too, since he's due soon, and I'll have the results by Wednesday at the latest... hoping for good news.

Thanks for all the good wishes.... I get soooo upset when something happens to Harry.

Hugs.
Debbie

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
The vet drained it and gave him antibiotics. He said that Harry could have stepped on something to cause the problem, but he couldn't see anything because Harry wouldn't sit still. He said that he would normally lightly sedate a dog to have a better look, but Harry's liver makes sedation dangerous, so he did the best he could. The area has to continue to drain for a few days, and it shouldn't be covered, so it's pretty messy right now. I have to try and keep Harry from bothering it, too. I have a soft e-collar that I bought for Teddy, but it's way too big for Harry, so I guess I'll be making a trip to the pet store. (The vet only had bigger hard ones.) While we were there, the vet took blood samples for Harry's normal blood tests, too, since he's due soon, and I'll have the results by Wednesday at the latest... hoping for good news.

Thanks for all the good wishes.... I get soooo upset when something happens to Harry.

Hugs.
Debbie
Oh Debbie, hope Harry is better soon, more prayers coming your way.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hoping Harry is feeling better soon! Hugs to you all!

Hugs.
Debbie

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Ouch. An abscess between his toes sounds very painful! No wonder poor Harry was limping. I hope he's and the mend now and his bloodwork results are good!

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Gee, what an odd injury. :blink: I hope it gets better fast, so Harry can be running around again.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts