Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is flying in at nighttime on May 24th, and when I go to the airport to pick her up, is there anything that I need to take? I have been reading on a few websites that I should take nutri-cal and give it to her as soon as she gets off the plane, and other sites are saying pancake syrup. Do I take any food to her or anything? Water? Anything? :eek:

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
she'll def need water.. and i'd reccommend nutrical unless anyone has a more experienced suggestion

did you ever get the name from your boyfriend?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by puppylucy@May 6 2005, 06:49 PM
she'll def need water.. and i'd reccommend nutrical unless anyone has a more experienced suggestion

did you ever get the name from your boyfriend?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=60587
[/QUOTE]

I actually just left him a message at his work and I am waiting for him to get back to me with the name.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
When I went to pick up Catcher at the airport my vet said to take Karo syrup and if he showed signs of hypoglycemia to rub the syrup on his gums. When your girl arrives I would give her water and see if she'll eat some food. If she won't eat then you can give her some Nutri-Cal. The breeder should either tell you what she's eating now or send some along with her. Bring a potty pad. Don't let her walk on the ground or even inside the airport at all.

With Catcher I waited until we were in the car and put the potty pad down on the floor board and he went right on it... Since the space was confined, he really didn't have a lot of choice of anywhere else to "go".

Make sure the breeder gets her used to her crate far in advance of her trip. It is important that she feels comfortable and secure in the crate. The breeder should also teach her to drink from a water bottle and secure it to her travel crate. This way, there is no chance that the water could turn over, get your baby wet and then she'd have no water to drink.

Hope this helps....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts