Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i have a question for the most part the boys have been sleeping with us but i have crated them to sleep they get along great so can they sleep in a crate together ?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well i only have one dog but i would say but them in seprate crates, i mean no matter how well they got along on the off chance one ticks the other off it wouldnt be good to have them in a confined space together. I supposed as long as you around around in the same crate would be ok but i wouldnt feel safing doing it without being int he room.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I was wondering the same thing for when Tictac comes home to us. I think I'm going to go with separate crates, but I guess if Chico and Buddy get along well, they can share the crate. My only worry would be that they may tick each other off like Lilly said. I just worry because I know that Peanut can be a little too rough sometimes and I just don't think he'll be able to share a crate with a pup, in the beginning at least.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I would say separate. I would think it's more comfortable that way unless you have a huge crate. I see how when Cloud moves he moves all over in his crate so if I had Noriko in there too, I know he'd step on her and disturb her. Just an opinion.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I would give them an option
Get each of them a crate for alone time but also get a large ex-pen with two beds. If they want, they can stay together. In my home, I have one large crate for each of my kids. It's like their room and they can go freely in and out. They usually will not go into another's crate.

At my boyfriend's, they are not allowed to have free run of the house at night. I have two really large ex-pens set up. The two girls stay together and the two boys stay together. I have two beds in each ex-pen. They do very well and love to snuggle. This way they keep each other company.

Now, the question is what will I do if we ever move in together. I love sleeping with my kids but he only lets me take one to bed at his place. So I say, if he moves in with me .. I set the rules and if I move in with him..I have to live by his rules. Luckily, it looks like he will be moving in with me

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lolol charmy poo yeah let him move in with you !!!!
yeah that is what my gut was telling me for the same reasons you posted i will get another crate though they do sleep with us in our bed sometimes we want privacey
and just cant have Chico as a aduidance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts