Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

One M.D.'s view of medical ignorance

9K views 42 replies 12 participants last post by  Nikki's Mom 
I was wondering when I would find out that the guy was selling "stuff" .. Yep.. another doctor using the Internet to spout an opinion and then just happens to have the magic pill or book to take care of the problem. Any possibly good points from these "commercially oriented" doctors are always lost on me.

And some of his ideas apparently are questionable science:
Book Review: 'The 6-Week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle' by Mary Dan Eades and Michael R. Eades | Booster Shots | Los Angeles Times

I do have to give him kudos for lambasting Kevin Trudeau... a major nutcase who spouts all sorts of medical misinformation wherever he can!

From Harvard . . . . a very informative article about the many health benefits of eating whole grains. The article is titled "Health Gains From the Whole Grains - What Should You Eat" and here's the link:

Health Gains from Whole Grains - What Should You Eat? - The Nutrition Source - Harvard School of Public Health
Good article! I think I have in my pantry almost all those grains that they mention ... brown rice, steel cut oats, rye, spelt, kamut ... all so yummy and healthful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.