Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My groomer trims the hair in the eye area like a v. Both top and bottom of inner corner of eye. Is this proper? Dixie seems to always have hair poking into her eyes. I understand cutting the bottom b/c of the tearing. but I was thinking if she did not cut the upper portion then it might grow out and fit into a top knot. help, she's coming again tomorrow!!!! if you look at a dog in the pet silk i I posted it doesn't look as if that hair has been trimmed.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
It's really up to the customer how they want the hair cut.
Normally i just trim the bottom. I'm trying to stop so the hair will grow out... but i'm so used to cutting it out. just tell the groomer tomorow that your want to grow a top not and if she can only trim the bottom hairs.

by the way your puppy is so cute.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I'm in the process of growing Abbey's topknot out. Very slow process!! My groomer has stopped trimming the corner eye hairs so they will grow out to fit in the topknot. They are hard to keep out of her eyes but my groomer told me to try really hard to so it doesn't irritate her eyes. She suggested using gel! and it seems to work some.
I just clean her eyes out more often until it all gets grown out!

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it is possible to leave those hairs alone to grow long? I would think it would be much more comfortable for our babies in the long run to grow them. Once clipped they need to be delt with frequently. Repeat grooming.....hmmmmmm....

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Chelsey@Nov 9 2005, 07:59 AM
It's really up to the customer how they want the hair cut. 
Normally i just trim the bottom.  I'm trying to stop so the hair will grow out... but i'm so used to cutting it out.  just tell the groomer tomorow that your want to grow a top not and if she can only trim the bottom hairs. 

by the way your puppy is so cute.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=118213
[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Your chelsey is cute too!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.