Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this Peony plant for Mother's Day about 6 years ago. Each year it get's a little bigger with more flowers. This year it has really out done it's self! It is so heavy that I had to stake and tie it up. Next to my Southern Magnolia tree, it's my most favorite plant in the yard. I only wished it bloomed year 'round. :wub:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Oh I love Peonies! Those are just gorgeous!! It's our state flower. There was a girl I used to work for and she was telling me about the house she grew up in on 'Pay-own-ee' street. She kept talking about the street she lived on when it finally dawned on me and I asked ... how do you spell 'Pay-own-ee'? She rolled her eyes and said "p-e-o-n-i-e", how do you think? All of us at the table just burst out laughing! :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Peonies are one of my favorite plants of all. Yours are so beautiful. :wub::wub:Growing up we had a big farm in the country about an hour from here that my parents went to weekends and summers, and my mom had an insane number of peony plants -- there were all these circles of them and then a really long line of the bushes. I think there must have been thousands of buds. I have to see if I can dig up a photo. They were all white and pink and it's the smell that I loved so much. Thanks for the mind stroll down memory lane.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Beautiful and my favorite too. I have one that I think is called a Japanese Peony if there is such a thing :blink: That's what a friend told me it is...... anyway, its beautiful!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
oh gosh those flowers are gorgeous!! there's this one peony plant outside a buddhist study here, and some buds are 3/4 of Yeager's size lol :D does baby Delilah like to smell them?

Peonies are one of my favorite plants of all. Yours are so beautiful. :wub::wub:Growing up we had a big farm in the country about an hour from here that my parents went to weekends and summers, and my mom had an insane number of peony plants -- there were all these circles of them and then a really long line of the bushes. I think there must have been thousands of buds. I have to see if I can dig up a photo. They were all white and pink and it's the smell that I loved so much. Thanks for the mind stroll down memory lane.
that sounds beautiful, I sure hope you can find some photos!!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
oh gosh those flowers are gorgeous!! there's this one peony plant outside a buddhist study here, and some buds are 3/4 of Yeager's size lol :D does baby Delilah like to smell them?

that sounds beautiful, I sure hope you can find some photos!!
It may be a tree peony, I love them for their flower size and they live for 100's of years. I have one in my yard. They come in so many different sizes and colors and each one is more beautiful than the other. I love regular peonies and my fave is the tree peony..............

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
How pretty!!!! The ones I had up North smelled heavenly too. Do yours?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just beautiful! You are way ahead of we northerners, our peonies are just a few inches high now, and mine will never get that big.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I am very envious. I love to garden (our garden was on our neighborhood Home and Garden Tour this year), peonies don't grow/bloom in Southern Cali, at least not that I have been able to find.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Is there anything more lovely than big flowering peonies? I don't think so. So very beautiful!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts