Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is the first day I could write about this without crying. I know you all have seen my posts about our two new babies and trying to decide if we were going to keep both or have them go to others as a pair. Well this week the smallest of the two had to be put to sleep she was only 7 weeks old and such a sweet baby. One day she was fine and playing and the next gone
She was evidently born with a defect in her rectum, and colon that did not form correctly and if it happens it is usually discovered at about 4-8 weeks, it was the saddest thing ever(major bad experience with the first vet and then midnight run to emergency hospital). I hope no one or no ones babies ever have to go through this. It was beyond words having to experience this. I guess I am wondering if anyone on here has heard of this. I guess it is not very common. I am posting here because I now as Malt owners you all know how these become our babies and can understand the pain of losing one and it helps to write about it. We had her such a short time but she will never be forgotten-what a sweetie. Mom keeps looking for her, it is sooooo sad. Thanks for listening!!!!! <_<

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
that totally sucks. im glad your back and able to write on here. at least she had a loving home and knew that people cared about her. good luck with the other baby

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I am so sorry...crying right now...I just can't believe it. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers...and Brinkley sends kisses too..

·
Registered
939 Posts
What a terrible loss! I am so sorry for your and your family..... my thoughts are with you.

Judi

·
Registered
69 Posts
Geez :eek: that is AWFUL! I am in tears right now. I know this is hard on you and your family. Poor sweet thing; at least she won't suffer anymore. Good luck with your other new baby! :D

I have never heard of that defect.

·
Registered
831 Posts
So sorry to heat about your loss..
You and your family will be in my thoughts.
Daezie, Maya and I send lots of love. Hope mom and baby sister/brother are doing good.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for your kind words, it helps to have others that can understand the level of love and attachment we have to these wonder blessings. They are gifts from God...We got the autopsy results so at least I have a better understanding of what happened and assurance that mom, dad, and sis will be okay. Again thank you all for your kind words, prayers, and thoughts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts