Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been TRULY amazed at the cute outfits, and pics that everyone submits, and enjoy looking at all of them.

It occurred to me, that it might be fun to submit online Halloween pics of our fur babies that are either in costume, or in a Halloween/Fall setting.

This concept could even be a seasonal one and we could do a Winter/Christmas, or Spring/Easter kind of thing.

There is so much collective creative talent in this site, I just thought it might be a fun idea!

:D

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
I think it is a great idea, however; there are some of us who either do not have the software or else do not know how you guys come up with these wonderful pictures that you posts. I love the animated ones that slide show, fade in and out, etc. Wish I knew what software you girls are using to create these wonderful photos.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is so true, Sassys Mommy, but I think even if we just submit a photo, or the best we can, it could be fun, no?

I didn't exactly mean this as a competition, but rather a fun showcase for our babies!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Sassy's mommy@Sep 19 2005, 08:05 PM
I think it is a great idea, however; there are some of us who either do not have the software or else do not know how you guys come up with these wonderful pictures that you posts. I love the animated ones that slide show, fade in and out, etc. Wish I knew what software you girls are using to create these wonderful photos.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101221
[/QUOTE]

We like all pics even if they aren't animated!! What type of digital camera do you have? I have a Canon and it came with some software that I can use to do minor things such as adding text and frames, etc. It took me a while to realize all of the things it does. I bet your camera has something similar.

Animating is complicated .... and needs Photoshop's Image Ready.... Like Scrappy said.... most animated photos on SM are the wonderful work of LadyMontava and she is very generous in doing this for us. Just PM her and maybe get on a list for when she has down time from school. (She is in her final year of vet school!!!)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry!!!! Didn't realize this had been suggested a few weeks ago!!
. Guess if more than one of us had the idea, it must be a good one????

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Submit a pic ...what are we doing with the pics?? a slideshow sounds good!

Are we still doing the halloween contest?

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Sep 19 2005, 09:27 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Sassy's mommy
@Sep 19 2005, 08:05 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101221
We like all pics even if they aren't animated!! What type of digital camera do you have? I have a Canon and it came with some software that I can use to do minor things such as adding text and frames, etc. It took me a while to realize all of the things it does. I bet your camera has something similar.

Animating is complicated .... and needs Photoshop's Image Ready.... Like Scrappy said.... most animated photos on SM are the wonderful work of LadyMontava and she is very generous in doing this for us. Just PM her and maybe get on a list for when she has down time from school. (She is in her final year of vet school!!!)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=101250
[/B][/QUOTE]

I have a Canon digital camera and yes I know it has STUFF but I have not figured out how to use it yet. I just absolutely hate it when the instructions show all of these little icons and pictures
instead of words when they give instructions. I am so weird that way, everytime I see the handicapped sign in a parking lot I think....there is that person sitting on the potty. I guess I am too left brained. I like word instructions.
I have been looking at new photoshop programs. Which one is the best? I saw one (can't remember the name) that you can actually crop something from one photo and put onto another, ie the example on the box showed a chicken in front of a barn....they cropped the chichen and stood her on a rock in another photo. Not that I want to crop chicken photos, but it was a neat feature. HELP :excl:

All of that aside, I will participate in the Halloween costume contest, or I should say Sassy will participate.

Yea right, just wait until she gets that camera out. I will do my usual, I will become a limp rag with an upside down mouth. ~Sassy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts