Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever said or done something that was so stupid??

Well I did tonight........

We stopped for dinner tonight and in the parking lot edge was a truck with a dog pen behind it, inside was 3 dogs. Well, me..myself...I had to walk all the way across the lot to see these dogs (puppies). There were several people around them and I said hi and leaned down to pet them. They were the cuties little Shizu's and I asked "are they akc". The reply was oh yes. Then I processed to asked how much they wanted for them, wondering why they were selling them in a parking lot (thinking puppy mill). :eek: They lady started laughing @ me "oh, they are not for sale" "I'm letting them play while we eat dinner, were on our way to the beach". If I could have crawled under the asphalt...I felt like such a dang fool....why me.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
How about this one?
I feed my rescues Purina which I purchase at Walmart. I often buy 100 pounds at a time. One night, I was loaded down with my food, as well as a few cans of Pedigree pupppy for picky eaters. This man comes up to me and says, "you know I hear poor people eat that". Before I know what is coming out of my mouth, I ask him how it taste.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
You should not feel like a fool, after all, we see this kind of thing all the time. People selling little puppies along side the road or in the parking lots. Too bad you didn't have a quick come back like..............whew, what a relief! I thought I was going to have to rescue all of them

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Well, at least you didn't start lecturing the lady about selling dogs in parking lots. It could have been worse! I insert my foot frequently. I like to think its part of my charm! LOL

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Atleast you didn't know them and will probably never see them again :D

I am always putting my foot in my mouth and it's always with people that I would rather impress than make a fool of myself in front of, like my in-laws.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Puddles Mom@Oct 14 2005, 11:43 PM
Have you ever said or done something that was so stupid??

Well I did tonight........

We stopped for dinner tonight and in the parking lot edge was a truck with a dog pen behind it, inside was 3 dogs. Well, me..myself...I had to walk all the way across the lot to see these dogs (puppies). There were several people around them and I said hi and leaned down to pet them. They were the cuties little Shizu's and I asked "are they akc". The reply was oh yes. Then I processed to asked how much they wanted for them, wondering why they were selling them in a parking lot (thinking puppy mill).  :eek:  They lady started laughing @ me "oh, they are not for sale" "I'm letting them play while we eat dinner, were on our way to the beach". If I could have crawled under the asphalt...I felt like such a dang fool....why me.     

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109882
[/QUOTE]

She is probably on some Shih board saying...
"You will never BELIEVE......!"
We would be!!!!

Don't worry about it....I am AWFUL about sticking my foot in my mouth!!!!!!!
I agree with Msmagnolia....it is part of my charm...

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by LucyLou@Oct 15 2005, 01:10 AM
How about this one?
I feed my rescues Purina which I purchase at Walmart.  I often buy 100 pounds at a time.  One night, I was loaded down with my food, as well as a few cans of Pedigree pupppy for picky eaters.  This man comes up to me and says, "you know I hear poor people eat that".  Before I know what is coming out of my mouth, I ask him how it taste.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109885
[/QUOTE]

Well that was clasic come back I think, but I would have added something like, well if it's good enough for my dogs it's good enough for me....

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
How about this one?
I feed my rescues Purina which I purchase at Walmart.  I often buy 100 pounds at a time.  One night, I was loaded down with my food, as well as a few cans of Pedigree pupppy for picky eaters.  This man comes up to me and says, "you know I hear poor people eat that".  Before I know what is coming out of my mouth, I ask him how it taste.

[/QUOTE]

What a great come back!!! Way to go!!!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I hate when that happens
Dont worry though, we all do it!

How about this one?

[/QUOTE]

That is just too funny!
Great come back!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts