Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I've been using harness dresses for the babies, but I've been thinking of trying this one. Anyone have one, what do you think? I like the idea of it being all on one piece, but the closest thing I've used to this is a slip on harness. Are slip ons and step ins the same thing?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I have this exact one for Phoebe. It's really all I use since its so fast to get on. She has 'escaped' from it before so you have to be careful she is in it correctly. Either that or its too big. We have the small I believe. I am looking for one that I can use with my own leash though, so I can connect her to a longer leash if I want. This one seems pretty short. Once I find the perfect step in collar, I doubt I'll use this much.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I love the step in harness, I actually bought mine from that site, except it has a daisy on it. We haven't used it much, need to start training her....but we use it more for when we go to a friends house and I know we'll be outside and don't want to hold her the entire time. But I love it and its easy to put on and it's super cute!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I've been thinking about getting that harness, but I would need 2, and I can't justify spending that much right now. I just use the regular nylon step in harnesses and they work great for us. I like that I can use the flexi leash with it also. As far as I know, the 'step in' harnesses have a clip on the dog's back, and the slip on are just one piece that doesn't have any clips. Tic's a squirmy one, so I'm sure he'd figure out a way to get out of the slip on harness.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I only use the step in harness but I have been looking for good colors. I have a red one that I purchased from a pet store before I got Lacey and I now have a pink one. The one from the petstore is made of nylon and it doesn't seem to bother her but if I had to wear it I think it would be uncomfortable...it feels hard. The pink one is very soft. I ordered it from one of our members website but I just can't remember who. So sorry!!! I do like it...very soft.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts