Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Oreo is having her surgery today

2K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  ButterCloudandNoriko 
#1 ·
Oreo is having her surgery today. My mom dropped her off before 8AM. They can pick her up anytime after 2PM. They are doing a heart x-ray (to check the murmur), removing the 2 tumors, and cleaning her teeth (really, really bad).

#18 ·
Thanks guys! It means a lot to me that you are thinking about Oreo.

The surgery went fine. They think they got all of it. There is a chance that it could come back though. The teeth cleaning went good also.

Before the surgery they did a heart x-ray because Oreo (girl by the way) has a heart murmur. More bad new! They discovered that her heart is enlarged (were expecting this because of her murmur) and there is fluid around her heart. This means she is in the beginning stages of heart failure. They also discovered that her kidney's are starting to fail. The vet said that this is usually treatable with medication and a special diet. They gave her the meds and want to see her back in a month.

#21 ·
Well, it sounds like a decent result of a bad situation. Guess that's the best you can hope for right now. I'll keep hoping that it can all be controlled. Thanks for the update.

#22 ·
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie@Dec 15 2004, 09:22 AM
Awww, well I am very glad to hear the surgery went well!  I am sorry to hear about her heart and kidneys though.
   Hopefully the meds and diet help her a lot, we will continue thinking about Oreo!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23393
[/QUOTE]

I would like to "ditto" that....keeping Oreo in my thoughts and sending lots of Brinkley kisses....

#23 ·
Originally posted by tlunn+Dec 15 2004, 09:53 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Caesar's Mommie
@Dec 15 2004, 09:22 AM
Awww, well I am very glad to hear the surgery went well!  I am sorry to hear about her heart and kidneys though.
   Hopefully the meds and diet help her a lot, we will continue thinking about Oreo!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23393

I would like to "ditto" that....keeping Oreo in my thoughts and sending lots of Brinkley kisses....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=23429
[/B][/QUOTE]
Me ditto that too!...Poor baby. I hope all is well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.