Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing lexi's mom post of the food saver.. I thought would be good to post our favorite gadgets.
Even if we have already listed what you like the most. Still list it as it will help people know what is a very good buy or product to use. This will help everyone save money too .

I will start off with kitchen stuff first. and men if you are reading this... youf wife /girlfiend /mom or aunts would love these gifts. ok dimonds don't hurt either

My number 1 appliance in our home is. What are some of your favorites?</span>

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Oh wow I love your list! I looooove gadgets. The joke around my house is that if we dont have it, we must NEED it

I cant think of anything that you havent already mentioned, except maybe my crock pots. Hot dinner when I walk in the door is just awesome. You did remind me however that I would like those stove top corning pots and pans though!

I love my bamix too. When my maltese, Holli, got very sick and was not eating, I would use the food processor cup thing and chop up chicken and steakums and ground meat, well everything! It came out like sand and she would lick it right out of my hand. I wish I would use more of my stuff like you seem to! You really get your use from them. Mine usually ends up in a closet

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Holliberry@Jul 29 2005, 11:16 AM
Oh wow I love your list!  I looooove gadgets.  The joke around my house is that if we dont have it, we must NEED it 

I cant think of anything that you havent already mentioned, except maybe my crock pots.  Hot dinner when I walk in the door is just awesome.  You did remind me however that I would like those stove top corning pots and pans though! 

I love my bamix too.  When my maltese, Holli, got very sick and was not eating, I would use the food processor cup thing and chop up chicken and steakums and ground meat, well everything!  It came out like sand and she would lick it right out of my hand.  I wish I would use more of my stuff like you seem to!  You really get your use from them.  Mine usually ends up in a closet 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=85706
[/QUOTE]

The trick to make sure you use your products is to ensure they are at hands reach. My mother in -law and both myself do not have much conter space so the Bamix was a great buy that way. It does not take up to much room. I really do use it at least twice a week or more. It is perfect for my herbal business as well. I'm able to grind up the productsto make my milk baths. We have a very small kitchen but what I did was measure out every inch of it . Then we got a Bakers Island that has shelfing on it. I put that on one side of the kitchen.

I took all the applices out of cubors and put them on the shelves. Our rice cooker , Steamer/fish cooker /all our round baking tins and baking bowls are on one self. I attached a extention bar with breakers to the Island as well.
This way I can use every thing on it in the place were I placed it.
Our food saver is on top of the island for everyday use. My bamix is near the stove for easy access. My mother inlaw was also going to but her bamix inthe cubord ... I told her you have to leave it on your counter so you rember to use it.. So we orginized it and now she uses hers more then me. Then again she is real good cook.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I like that Island idea! I just yesterday had someone out for an estimate to enlarge my kitchen finally
and that is an idea now that I might have some extra room! I am starting to get excited about that at the same time you bring up the subject of gadgets
You're right, I do need to have these things more within reach.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts