Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Lisi is scheduled for abdominal surgery Mon. 16th at 8:30 AM w/the same surgeon who did the last surgery. We are not sure if we are doing the right thing (it is a hard surgery) but she is eating a little & drinking a little so we are hopeful she will be stronger by Monday. Thank you for standing beside us.

Premium Member
Oh no Sandi. This is not what I wanted to see. So sorry you are going through this again. Poor baby. Sending prayers for a good outcome.

Registered
Sending prayers for Lisi. Praying for a successful surgery and no recurrence this time. My heart goes out to you.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
She is a tough little monkey! She will do well! I have no doubt! I just hope we are buying more than the 6 months our vet is hoping for! How many times can we do this? Only God knows! We feel fallible, but we are still hopeful. She is our little mouse!

Premium Member
Hi Sandi,

Thinking of you and Lisi. Checking in to see how the surgery went and how is Lisi doing.

Our little rascal Porky is doing well with the radiation treatment and he's about halfway through the entire 20-day series. That wart looking thingee that was developing on his back-right paw has been tested by LSU and they confirmed it is indeed a wart. But they said that the problem is the least of concern right now until we complete the radiation therapy. The issue that we now have to deal with is that it irritates Porky and he keeps licking it which now makes it prone to infection. Ann did some online research and found that it is a type of contagious dog and possibly because Porky has been on the steroid for a lengthy period, that the medication has weakened his immune system thus allowing the wart to grow and develop at a much faster rate.

Porky and Emmie sends their hugs and woof woof wishes to both Kitzi and Lisi.

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Vinh,
I am so happy to hear little PC is a fighter! Your Ann is a smart lady---you may want to ask about a fungal treatment (over the counter at Wallmart) called Lotrimin Ultra. It is a cream & you would have to put a collar on him to keep him from licking. They have really nice soft ones now on-line. If you can't find a web-site let me know & I will try to remember where I got Lisi's. They are very comfy. I did post it on the old site here but have no idea how to research since they changed things up.
I will be saying prayers for you & Ann & standing w/little PC in his journey to health! May God give us strength to be supportive to them, and not cause them more worry by our pain. They are so intuitive. Much love to each of you from my little tribe.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE: Surgeon just called & is unsure whether Lisi can come home today or not---will contact me later in the day. She refused chicken last night but ate some low-residue canned food this AM. She doesn't want to prematurely discharge her & I agree.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #12
I wish they had a "love" button I could push! Thank you! This made me smile!!!! Hopefully Vinh will see it w/the soft collar. They come in different colors & motives. This one was perfect (if a bit big) for Lisi. Thank you for prayers. I hope she will be released this afternoon, but we will have to see what the surgeon thinks as the day progresses. They want her out ASAP as much as I do as the c-virus has lockdown there too.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #13
Here is one from Sun. She was doing so much better than that whole last week!
89714794_10219771762756802_7911692683968512000_o.jpg

Registered

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE: Just got call from surgeon & Lisi is being released this afternoon! I need to get busy. More lateer.

Registered
So happy to hear Lisi is coming home. Give her some extra snuggles from me.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #20
We picked up "our little mouse" early evening! So happy to have her home. Kitzi sniffed her all over! She is heavily sedated. We are awaiting patholog

1 - 20 of 41 Posts