Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Oh Sandi!

So happy to hear of this great news that Lisi is home! She looks so adorable and seems to be comfortably resting. I'm sure she's glad to be home with her Mommy and Kitzi. Is she able to take in any food at all? I'm sure she's still in pain from the surgery. Please give the princess lots of love and hugs from us, Porky, and Emmie!

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Wonderful News!
Let the spoiling begin....Im thinking Lisi will be the most "Spoiled Maltese" on SM! She definitely deserves it after all she's been through. Continued prayers for pain, sutures, appetite, healing....

·
Premium Member
17,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
We had an up & down sort of night w/both Lisi & Kittzi---but we expected it w/her. She had a brilliant, sweet little nurse in ICU who was the same nurse she had in her previous surgery! She instructed us well & I think we are coming along about as expected. I had her in her baby bed but ended up taking her out & putting her right up next to me in my bed, and must have turned on the light 15 or 20 times to check on & settle everyone. I did put her soft collar on in the night. We have to be very careful w/the stitches. Seri woke me up at 8:00 to give pain meds, and Lisi was a bit jumpy/jerky---she needed them. I hand fed her & she ate like a champ so I gave her about 8 small bite kibbles after she got her food down, & fed Kitzi 8 too so he felt part of the party. Now she is snoozing already as the med works pretty fast.
She looks very thin & I am hoping to build her up quickly. Thank you all for your friendship & prayers---it means so much to both Dwight & me! I know you guys get it!

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Glad to hear Lisi is eating. That's a good sign.

·
Premium Member
24,007 Posts
Thank you Father for little Lisi, I am so glad she's home with momma, daddy and big brother, I'm praying, I love that little girl 😙

·
Premium Member
17,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thank you all for encouragement & prayers!
Lisi is a fighter! We had 2 stroller walks yesterday in the fresh air. We don't go far, but she loves it!
She is eating like her little piggy self, but her stitches are looking a bit rough & bothering her. She hates the gabepentin she gets every 8 hours for pain & is starting to fight it---that is a great sign!!! :)🤣
Kitzi had a rougher night last night than Lisi---he could not settle at all & scratched the sheets --- maybe the walk was too much for him yesterday, I dunno. The cardiologist said "let him set the pace" but he loves his walks & maybe he has to learn what he can do. At least when you have 2 to worry about it keeps one from becoming too fixated! :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
So happy to hear Lisi is doing so well. Your sweet girl is such a little warrior! Hoping K will feel more like himself soon. Heart issues are not fun ( I know this too well), and what works one minute doesn’t always feel great the next. It is so hard to find a balance, so we just have to a be aware and do the best we can. Big hugs and love!

·
Premium Member
17,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yes, she walked a bit for me today!
The pathology results are in as of this aft., but it is the surgeon's day off so the office won't forward them to me until I speak w/the surgeon tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
17,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Kitzi just vomited his dinner. He has been listless since last night. I am writing to his vet & hopefully she will be in tomorrow as the office is not fully functioning w/c-virus.

·
Premium Member
24,007 Posts
Sandi you definitely have your hands full. So many of us love you and Lisi and Kitzel, just know we are here for you, God is in control and he listens to our prayers.
I love you dear friend

·
Premium Member
24,007 Posts
Sandi you definitely have your hands full. So many of us love you and Lisi and Kitzel, just know we are here for you, God is in control and he listens to our prayers.
I love you dear friend

·
Premium Member
17,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks Bridget!!
Kitzel vomited his dinner last night & I wrote to his vet---she does not think it is his heart, although he was very listless & had a bad night the night before. She thinks it is stress---and she could well be right---he has been very concerned about Lisi. I am adding pepcid ac per her instructions & will be careful to write down what he eats. I did open a big bag of lamb patties but he has had that before w/out any issues.

·
Premium Member
17,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The vet did put him on antibiotics after his dental---so that could have caused the tummy upset too. He was very listless the night before. I also opened a new bag of S & Chewys Dandy Lamb patties (he hasn't had lamb in about 3 months) so that could have been it, along w/the stress. I did not feed him lamb last night but will try again tonight. I will contact S & Cs if he barfs again.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts