Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here she is, our new puppy! I'll write more later, but for now here is her photo.

Oh I guess you have to go to my profile to see her....I'll figure this all out later!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Congratulations...I know you are glad the day is finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Nov 7 2004, 08:48 PM
Here she is, our new puppy!  I'll write more later, but for now here is her photo.

Oh I guess you have to go to my profile to see her....I'll figure this all out later!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15307
[/QUOTE]

Oh, how precious she is!! To get her photo to show up with your posts do the same thing you did to get her photo to show up on the profile page, just do it under "Edit Avatar Settings". Choose it from the menu on the left-side of the page.

Enjoy your new baby..... savor every minute of puppy-hood... they grow up so fast!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
So cute! We want to hear all about her....

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Nov 7 2004, 08:48 PM
Here she is, our new puppy!  I'll write more later, but for now here is her photo.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15307
[/QUOTE]

Aaaaww

What a cutie!!! Reminds me of what Abby was like when I first got her! She has grown sooooo much!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Oh my! You're so lucky

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
congrats...im sure the wait was worth it

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First, thank you for the kind comments. We met our puppy yesterday and she was so adorable. Unfortunately, we still have to wait a couple of weeks until we can bring her home! We won't get her until Thanksgiving. She is 9 weeks and weighs 1.2 lbs. The breeder, although she made no guarantee, thinks she'll be around 5-6 lbs. full grown. Her daddy is a Chrisman champion but for the life of me I cannot remember his name. I have it on the contract, but that's now in my husband's file in his office. I guess that's a lawyer thing....anyway, when we got there, she was a bit nervous at first. This was her first exposure to outsiders other than the vet. But once she was in my arms, she stopped trembling and after about a minute, she was running all around the room, playing with my children and giving tons of puppy kisses. She has a full face of hair, and her hair is the longest of her litter mates. The breeder is going to start putting in a top knot so she gets used to it. She definitely has silky hair and it is definitely snowy, with the exception of her ears which have a wonderful beigey-lemon shade to them. The breeder insists that they will turn pure white and showed me photos of her dogs as puppies. She did have a show prospect out of the litter and she is keeping that one for herself. That was the largest puppy, but for the life of me, I couldn't tell them apart except for their collar color. Ours was pink of course! So after a trip to Petsmart with the kids ($350 on supplies that we just HAD to have), and watching the video for about three hours straight last night...we have begun the rigorous process of puppy proofing...translated to mean that all Barbie shoes and Legos are up off the floor. And as part of that process, the kids are getting rid of their old, no-longer-played-with toys. FINALLY....I thought that day would never come. My 9 year old said as I was tucking him into bed..."Mommy, I just can't get her out of my mind." I told him neither could I!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i miss it when they're puppies!!!!!.....sorta! lol.
she is adorable!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Nov 8 2004, 09:18 AM
First, thank you for the kind comments.  We met our puppy yesterday and she was so adorable.  Unfortunately, we still have to wait a couple of weeks until we can bring her home!  We won't get her until Thanksgiving.  She is 9 weeks and weighs 1.2 lbs.  The breeder, although she made no guarantee, thinks she'll be around 5-6 lbs. full grown.  Her daddy is a Chrisman champion but for the life of me I cannot remember his name.  I have it on the contract, but that's now in my husband's file in his office.  I guess that's a lawyer thing....anyway, when we got there, she was a bit nervous at first.  This was her first exposure to outsiders other than the vet.  But once she was in my arms, she stopped trembling and after about a minute, she was running all around the room, playing with my children and giving tons of puppy kisses.  She has a full face of hair, and her hair is the longest of her litter mates.  The breeder is going to start putting in a top knot so she gets used to it.  She definitely has silky hair and it is definitely snowy, with the exception of her ears which have a wonderful beigey-lemon shade to them.  The breeder insists that they will turn pure white and showed me photos of her dogs as puppies.  She did have a show prospect out of the litter and she is keeping that one for herself.  That was the largest puppy, but for the life of me, I couldn't tell them apart except for their collar color.  Ours was pink of course!  So after a trip to Petsmart with the kids ($350 on supplies that we just HAD to have), and watching the video for about three hours straight last night...we have begun the rigorous process of puppy proofing...translated to mean that all Barbie shoes and Legos are up off the floor.  And as part of that process, the kids are getting rid of their old, no-longer-played-with toys.  FINALLY....I thought that day would never come.  My 9 year old said as I was tucking him into bed..."Mommy, I just can't get her out of my mind."  I told him neither could I!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15357
[/QUOTE]

Oh, what a neat story. Thanks for sharing. As you were describing everything, I could picture it all in my mind. What a special day.... one you won't forget.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
SaltyMalty--Does she have a name yet?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Nov 8 2004, 10:40 AM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15374
[/QUOTE]
Not yet...but the choices so far are Blizzard, Snowy, Cloud, Puff, Muff, Muffin, Cotton, Spike, Tiger, Pearl, Opal, Scooter, Picachu, Mignon, Arffy, Yugi...and the list goes on. I am not inclined to name her after a cartoon character (the kid's choices), and I really go back and forth on the other names.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty+Nov 8 2004, 11:31 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ButterCloudandNoriko
@Nov 8 2004, 10:40 AM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15374
Not yet...but the choices so far are Blizzard, Snowy, Cloud, Puff, Muff, Muffin, Cotton, Spike, Tiger, Pearl, Opal, Scooter, Picachu, Mignon, Arffy, Yugi...and the list goes on. I am not inclined to name her after a cartoon character (the kid's choices), and I really go back and forth on the other names.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=15385
[/B][/QUOTE]

MY BOY'S NAME CLOUD! Actually, it's Buttercloud :/.

I like Tiger(lil tigger), pichachu(lil chuchu), Arffy, and Cloud (Of course). HAHA

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Thanks for telling us about your visit. I'll bet that was really exciting for the whole family. Picking out a name is really hard. It is especially difficult when there are several children involved and they all like "their" name. I'm a firm believer in the main caregiver getting the final choice in names. Good luck with the decision making.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts