Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me and the DH our back from our trip from Arizona. It really started off
really difficult since Libby had that awful cough. When I got home from
work 30th Sept. she was coughing coughing coughing. Since we were leaving the next day I called the vet and had xrays. Of course right before her appointment she stops :smilie_tischkante:. He did not see any obsturctions but he did say she had some fluid in her lungs. He said that usually is a sign of heart failure, however her heart looks good. We are to fly out on the 1st at 3:00pm. I get up about 3am due to Libby coughing and start cleaning the house, go pick up new meds for Libby. Call the pet sittter and update her on the condition of Libby and Reginald(staph infection).
She understands everything and says don't worry I will take good care of them.:wub: We get to the airport, I'm tired from the entire week and of course getting up at 3am didn't help. What else could happen? The flight is delayed for over 6 hours.:w00t: This time we our flying into Pheonix vice Las Vegas due to cost. So I say to the DH see if they will put us on a flight to Las Vegas which they did:thumbsup: .

So we get to Lake Havasu earlier then scheduled. The reason for the trip was for the Jetski World Finals. My DH races Amateur Stock Classic and placed 4th :aktion033:. He was a little disappointed since he was 2nd last year but he relizes he made a mistake and has learned from it. I just love the big guy. :wub:

During this time frame Libby was still coughing. The pet sitter contacts the vet and adjust the meds again. She really did a good job with my
fluffs and keeping me updated.

As for me I got to go to my favorite bead store. They tought me so many new patterns. I actually started 6 new projects but didn't finish any:innocent: . But hey I learned a lot of new stuff and it won't take long to finish.

Overall we had a fantastic time, my husband raced, I beaded. The best part of course was being with friends. We all had a wonderful time together.

The trip of course comes to an end. We have to get up 2am to fly out of Pheonix by 8am. I'm kinda of tired, figure I'll sleep on the plane. Nope I have this kid in front of me that won't shutup:w00t: All I hear is I don't want, I want, no..etc etc. etc. The parents in a really gentle voice say please be quiet, please due this..etc. etc. :smilie_tischkante:

Of course the best part of the trip is walking in the door. :chili::wub::chili:
They all went crazy!! Nothing is better then barking dogs. Of course
I say that now... give it a week.:HistericalSmiley: I got smothered with kisses:wub: what more could a girl ask for. I love my kids and wouldn't change anything about any of them.

To sum it all up the pet sitter did a wonderful job. Libby is a lot better.:aktion033: We had a great time!!! :chili:

:wub:I want to thank each and everyone of you for praying for my Libby:wub:

I posted some via my I-phone but I have a lot of catching up to do. I really missed everyone.

·
Premium Member
20,056 Posts
Holy Cow, Mary! I must have missed some posts, I didn't realize you were going away! Sounds like a great trip overall and I hope you catch up on your sleep now that you're home. Hope you have some pictures to share with us.

It's great to go away......and it's great to come home!!!

Glad you're back safe and sound. :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
:wub:So glad you had a good time!!! You sounded like you learned a lot and your husband enjoyed himself~~~

I am a little confused........if she had fluid around her heart, what is the vet going to do? I would have another x-ray done to rule out heart failure and to see if the fluid is gone. Glad she is doing better~~~please keep us informed.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Welcome back, Mary! I missed you!!!! :hugging: I was so happy to see your post this morning. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip! That's pretty cool about your dh placing 4th, tell him Congratulations! I would love to see some pics of your bead projects you have started. How nice that you have such a loving, caring, and responsible pet sitter. Wow, they are so hard to find. I'm so glad Libby is doing better now, too. How is Reginald with his staph infection now? Hope he's improved too. Get some rest!

·
Premium Member
24,025 Posts
Oh my Mary. You'll need a vacation after your vacation!! The coming and going were a nightmare -- I hate travel lately.:angry: I would have been a wreck leaving with two of your pooches not feeling well but wow what a sitter. Any chance you can clone her for all of us? :HistericalSmiley: Glad you had a good time, congrats to hubby and hoping Miss Liberty and Reggie are fine. Welcome back :chili::chili:

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
I'm glad you had a nice vacation, despite the stress & worry before it. Also glad the furkids were well-cared for & Libby is doing a lot better.:aktion033:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:wub:So glad you had a good time!!! You sounded like you learned a lot and your husband enjoyed himself~~~

I am a little confused........if she had fluid around her heart, what is the vet going to do? I would have another x-ray done to rule out heart failure and to see if the fluid is gone. Glad she is doing better~~~please keep us informed.
Dianne,

The fluid was in her lungs. The vet said is one of the first signs of
heart failure. He did xray the heart too and it looks fine. Of what he said
the heart sometimes will start to enlarge and press against the lungs which would cause the fluid build up. In her case the heart was not
enlarged. He put her on a steriod. She originally was taking it every
day for three days the every other day. The petsitter noticed when
she went to every other day the cough would return. She contacted the
vet and he precsribed more meds so she could have it every day.
I have a call into the vet to discuss her issues, just waiting for him
to come out of sugery. Hopefully what ever it was is cleared up. Thank
you so much for you concern about my Libby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts