Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last three years we've stayed(rented) at a wonderful condo in Panama City Beach. The kids have come to call it "our beach house". Well...we were informed that it has been sold
. So now we have to find somewhere else to stay. Does anyone ever go to the Gulf of Mexico(pref. the panhandle of Fla) and know of a nice place? This couple rented us their unit for 450$ a week (late Oct so the price is much lower). We aren't loaded ...we have 4 kids and just want something clean and on the beach.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I know how ya feel...the place we stayed in Gulf Shores was destroyed in the Hurricane, and it won't be rebuilt.
It was perfect for us-pre-Brinkley.
My problem when we looked into staying on the beach this year was that NONE of them were pet friendly. That stunk!
Anyway, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are the only places we have stayed.
Good luck in your search!
This year we are going to the Tennessee mountains-to Pigeon Forge (Dollywood) and Gatlinburg. We are staying in this cabin...Sugar Bear Cabin
We are SO excited-and Brinkley can go with us!
I will miss the beach, but maybe next year we will find a place he can come too. -_-

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alrighty, I found two options...same condo building. One is a 2 bed 2 bath unit for 550 (that includes taxes and maid fee) and a 50$ deposit. The other is 1 bed 1 bath for 375 (100$ deposit). Both deposits are refundable. I would LOVE having the extra space....what to do what to do? Hubby wants the cheapest of course

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we spend a decent time in there..I've got a few young ones who still nap when we are at the beach(sun wears them out!)...we got out like at 9am ..come in for lunch..go back out till 330-4 and then dinner...we sit and watch the sunset from our room..sometimes from the beach.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
When are you going? Those are cheap rates!
It is good that you got in the same condo place!!! Now I miss the beach!

We did the same schedule as you when we went to the beach. The kids just couldn't take it in the sun that long.

Last year was the best! We went with another couple who had children the same ages/sexes as ours. We hired two college girls who are friends to go with us as baby sitters. When we came in for lunch, they would keep the kids during nap/rest time while the adults went back for quiet time at the pool or beach. If we wanted to go out for drinks after supper or whatever, they kept the kids then. We paid them for the week and paid for all their food and activities that they did while they were with us. We let them take the car a few nights and go out too for shopping etc. It was really nice-but a big splurge too! I got several novels/books read next to the pool/beach!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We always go the last week or two (but not both lol) in October after soccer season is over.
I have always told my older nieces that if they could swing going w/ us they were welcome to come!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts