Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Isnt it funny how we all get so excited over one of us getting a new baby!!!You would think we were getting them for ourselves!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
oh i know this is going to be as disappointing for all of you as it was for me. peewee came yesterday and i picked him up from LAX, such a sweet, beautiful dog. i completely respect the breeder he came from but unfortunately he wasn't the puppy in the picture.
the dog was 5 months old and 3 times the size of tessa. after talking to the breeder we decided that we would send him back and maybe get a puppy down the road. i think you guys were right. the website wasn't updated since 9/13/04 and the same picture was on it so it couldn't have been the puppy i got.

i don't want to give you all the wrong impression but my fiancee and i had many reasons for returning the dog. i hope you guys can put yourself in my shoes. i was really upset having to send him back because i really consider myself a dog lover but i think the dog and i had a bad beginning. he was not what we thought at all. my breeder was very understanding, i think it was just poor communication.

we might hold off on getting another puppy if we ever get another at all. we had such a great experience with buying tessa we put a lot of faith into a next puppy as well. i took tessa to the vet last week and she was very happy to see such a healthy dog. she said tessa bite was perfect and her eyes were very bright and healthy. she had no complications, her fecal was negative, it was so wonderful! it's really hard to get a puppy that you have only seen in pictures, but tessa looks exactly the same as she did in her ad. i guess you just have to hope for the best. i wish the dog and tessa could have met before he had to go back but he had a cough and and ear infection so we didn't think it was a good idea. thank you all for being so caring and sorry i haven't posted but we've been back and forth from LAX trying to figure out this whole situation.

we were so excited, i can't even tell you. just waiting for him to be brought into cargo i was shaking because i was so excited. but that all went away quickly when we learned that this was not the puppy we had been eagerly awaiting...

i hope this does not reflect poorly on us or the breeder. i just think the picture of the dog she sent me should have been on his ad and not a picture of a past puppy, you know? -_- -_- -_-

·
Registered
48 Posts
Believe me I went almost the same thing. I had my Coco all ordered and every week when I got my new pictures I would get all worried that maybe he did'nt look exactly what a Maltese was supposed to look like, etc.
So I started to search for another "just in case puppy". This may sound bad but I get very obsessed over things (at least thats what my husband says). :new_Eyecrazy:
Anyways I got in touch with a woman from www.bowsandtoes.com
She had a great little puppy $900.00, $250.00for shipping to Maine. Well since I live in little old Maine, there were no flights directly here so I would have to go to Boston or New York to pick him up. Well, thats not going to happen so I had to back out. She recredited my credit card (which proves her great integrity).
It so happens that the next day I got my new picture of Coco and he was perfect.

It was just to much for me personally to see a puppy grow from 2 days old to 8 weeks, they go through so many changes to become the "perfect puppy" and I did'nt realize that.

Take some time to take a breath I know how disappointed you must be and I'm very sorry. I know I would be devasted if that had happened to me.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by ourprettytessa@Apr 21 2005, 05:08 PM
oh i know this is going to be as disappointing for all of you as it was for me. peewee came yesterday and i picked him up from LAX, such a sweet, beautiful dog. i completely respect the breeder he came from but unfortunately he wasn't the puppy in the picture. 
the dog was 5 months old and 3 times the size of tessa. after talking to the breeder we decided that we would send him back and maybe get a puppy down the road. i think you guys were right. the website wasn't updated since 9/13/04 and the same picture was on it so it couldn't have been the puppy i got.

i don't want to give you all the wrong impression but my fiancee and i had many reasons for returning the dog. i hope you guys can put yourself in my shoes. i was really upset having to send him back because i really consider myself a dog lover but i think the dog and i had a bad beginning. he was not what we thought at all. my breeder was very understanding, i think it was just poor communication.

we might hold off on getting another puppy if we ever get another at all. we had such a great experience with buying tessa we put a lot of faith into a next puppy as well. i took tessa to the vet last week and she was very happy to see such a healthy dog. she said tessa bite was perfect and her eyes were very bright and healthy. she had no complications, her fecal was negative, it was so wonderful! it's really hard to get a puppy that you have only seen in pictures, but tessa looks exactly the same as she did in her ad. i guess you just have to hope for the best. i wish the dog and tessa could have met before he had to go back but he had a cough and and ear infection so we didn't think it was a good idea. thank you all for being so caring and sorry i haven't posted but we've been back and forth from LAX trying to figure out this whole situation.

we were so excited, i can't even tell you. just waiting for him to be brought into cargo i was shaking because i was so excited. but that all went away quickly when we learned that this was not the puppy we had been eagerly awaiting...

i hope this does not reflect poorly on us or the breeder. i just think the picture of the dog she sent me should have been on his ad and not a picture of a past puppy, you know?  -_-  -_-  -_-
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55034
[/QUOTE]

im soo sorry it didnt go out well with the puppy

im sure u made the right decision , and u'll find ur future puppy when the time is right

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
no, i totally understand what you're saying. if you see a pic---you expect exactly whats in the pic. and i'm sorry...but the breeder giving you a sick dog...that sorta bothers me. i'm glad you returned the pup. and i hope you find a good breeder and pup in the future to be tessas bro or sis.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i just want to thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for being so kind. it is really comforting to read your posts and i appreciate them so much!!!!

i think we made a good decision too and i hope we can find tessa a sis or bro to play with sometime soon, if we do find someone we can trust.

look at this little gal, isn't she gorgeous. we aren't buying her as of now but i came across her picture and since we are all maltese lovers, i thought you might enjoy it!
:D

thanks again guys, you are so wonderful! i love it here at spoiledmaltese!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awwww
i'm bummed for you. i feared it wouldn't be 'the puppy in the picture'. and i don't 'look down on you' for being disappointed - you buy something from a picture, and if you don't get what you ordered, well...

it's like ordering a pink leather carrier and getting a brown cloth one, you know?
best analogy i could think of right now...

anyways, just wanted you to know i completely support your decision and apologize that you didn't get the boy you were hoping for.. better luck next time
we're all here for you, whenever you begin your search for a second puppy. maybe get to know tessa better so she bonds w/you and not another doggie?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Gosh, I can imagine how heartbreaking this must be for you. I remember the excitement and anticipation when I picked Catcher up and if he had been coughing or had problems or wasn't what I was expecting I would have been bummed out totally! It took more guts to send him back than to keep him, so I applaud you for facing up to the fact that this puppy just wasn't "The" one for you.....

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I am sorry that it did not work out the way you expected. But you made the right decision considering the dog had a cough and ear infection. Not only did she not sent the dog in the picture, but she also sent a sick dog. For me an ear infection at that age smells of allergies. That poor little thing might be allergic all his life. That's the way it started with my late lhasa apso, ear infection as a pup and full blown allergies after 2 years old. It's no fun believe me.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I don't think that your decision reflects badly on you. Not at all. I also think that you are being very generous to the breeder. It seems like the mistakes that were made were made by her and not by you. I don't think you have anything to apologize for at all.

I hope that you'll have better luck in the future. Maybe this is a sign that the time isn't right....

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Oh no!!! I'm so sorry that this happened!! I think you made the right decision though. It must have been hard to let him go, but if he's not the one you wanted there's nothing wrong with that. I'm glad that the pup was able to go back to the breeder though. Maybe you'll find another puppy soon!!! I'm glad Tessa is doing so well too!!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
OurPrettyTessa,

Tonia at Rhapsody in Texas has a darling male puppy of champion parents on her site that you might want to look at.... She also has male puppies that will be ready in June. Her site was updated April 20, 2005! Rhapsody Puppies

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
You did absolutely the right thing. You fell in love with the puppy in the photo and this was not that puppy. I would have done the exact same thing but I would probably also have been really angry for being mislead.

I waited over a month before Cookie could come home. Her breeder sent me photos which I looked at day and night. I knew every inch of the puppy in the photos. When I went to pick her up, she was not the puppy in the photo. I was hesistant to take her but my boyfriend at that time thought she was such a darling and would not let me leave without her. I love Cookie with all my heart now because she is my baby but I do wonder where my other baby is.

On the other hand, Waffle and Nibbler looked exactly like their photos. They were represented 100% correctly by their breeder. On the other hand, Sparkle looked so much cuter than her photos so who was I to complain
I rather her look cuter in real life than in photos.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Awwww, I'm so sorry it wasn't "The"puppy you've being waiting for.
I agree with everyone here, You did the right thing by sending the puppy back. I'm sure it was tough decision to make but you made the right one. You shouldn't settle for any less!

Well, I hope you're not too upset.... You'll find your puppy when the time is right.

·
Registered
226 Posts
thanks again guys. you know i incurred all the shipping costs, meaning i won't be reimbursed for the amount it cost to ship him to LAX or the amount it cost to send him back.

since it wasn't the pup in the picture, do you guys think that's fair? or should i talk to her and see if she will at the least pay for one way.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by ourprettytessa@Apr 21 2005, 07:55 PM
thanks again guys. you know i incurred all the shipping costs, meaning i won't be reimbursed for the amount it cost to ship him to LAX or the amount it cost to send him back.

since it wasn't the pup in the picture, do you guys think that's fair? or should i talk to her and see if she will at the least pay for one way.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=55147
[/QUOTE]

Are u kidding me? She's so responsible for all the airfare.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts