Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a great time in the Outer Banks last week. Perfect weather, HOT but great beach days! DH and I woke up everyday, went for a run on the beach and just bummed it at the beach. I will say B&E were stressed and more barky than usual. 12 people, a baby and 3 dogs will do that to ya. But I still think they enjoyed being by our sides for the entire week. They were perfectly behaved in the car and turns out Benny loved the ocean and the pool! Emma...well not so much. She turned on her beach diva charm and soaked up the sun! So now for the pics...there are alot!

The 8 hour drive that turned into 11 hours!!!!:w00t: Once we crossed into NC it took 3 hours to go 37 miles. ARE WE THERE YET??????

Ok we finally arrived. Time to stretch those legs. Emma's 1st time discovering sand....

And Benny's 1st time his paws played in sand...

Check it out guys...there is the house we are staying in all week. It's the one on the right!

Hubby and I were so happy to be able to bring them on the beach. It was totally dog friendly down there!

B&E were happy to vacation with their BFF Nico. The 3 of them get along so well and I think Nico was happy to have dog friends in the house with him!

Emma was getting either bored of the picture taking or sunned out!

Yup...I think she was bored.

Next day on the beach...

The best think I did was buy the baby sun dome for the pups. It was a big hit during the afternoon on the beach. People thought I was completely a nutbag, but hey...at least my dogs were out of the sun. They are fair skinned!

Benny boy wanted OUT.

Ok time for some human pics. This was before dinner out with the couple we went down with. It was the 4 of us and their extended family.

Hubby and I on one of the balconies to the house

On the last day I decided to let B&E go all out. Swim in the pool, the ocean, whatever they wanted. Well who knew that Benny would be such a fish. He LOVED the ocean! I swear he was doggy paddling in my arms before I even put his paws in the water. He was in heaven! Totally worth the bath and groom I gave him all night!

What did Emma think of the ocean? She wasn't having it! LOL:HistericalSmiley:

Hubby took this picture and said I must be in my most happy place. On the beach and with my dogs. Life doesn't get any better than this :wub:

The ride home was way better. We made it in 8 hours. B&E were happy this was the last potty break before we would arrive HOME

We hope you enjoyed seeing pics of B&E's first vacation!!!!

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Oh Tammy wonderful pictures, it sure looks like
you had a great time. In the picture with all three
in the chair it looks like Benny is the life guard watch
out for everyone:HistericalSmiley:I'm sure that last day with
Benny in the water was a blast. I had the best time
when I took my two little ones to the beach, like
you said..so worth the bath. Oh and your precious
little girl Emma just relaxing peacefully soaking up
the rays, a lady of leisure. Not only are your fluffs
gorgeous so are you and the DH. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Those are great pics Tammy!! Looks like you guys had a great time! Glad to see B&E got to do whatever they want. Benny definitely looks like he was a happy boy! :)

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Wow, what an amazing vacation you all had! I loved seeing all of your pics...and you are NOT crazy for getting that sundome for the pups -- it keeps them safe, shaded, and happy! I love staying right on the beach, it makes it so much more fun.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
I loved your pics.....I actually saw even more on FB!!!! :chili:

Great vacation!!!! I wanna go......

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I love that baby sun dome,doesn't sound crazy to me... they are your babies,all they have to do is look at that pose w/ you and Emma.

I have a collapsible pet carrier,once it's open it's about 28"x20x20.It looks huge but folds up to the size of a fat frisbee,about 1.5 inches thick,14" diameter....
I put it into my carry on luggage and when I had a 4 hour lay over,I popped it open in the airport lounge,talk about looks:w00t:.... about 20 minutes before my flight ,I just twisted and folded it up and back in the carry on.
I could have made some serious bucks if I had extras to sell...:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
What a wonderful vacation! I loved all the pictures! The ones of the pups in their tent and the ones of Emma being bored and adorable! Great pictures, they make me want to pack!

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
I love your pics Tammy, looks like heaven to me. Very clever idea with the sundome btw. yep, that happy Benny face makes all that bath time worth it.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
You always look gorgeous, Tammy! And so did your hubby and doggies!! I love that close up pic of Benny in the sand, and I love that pic of Emma being "bored" on the chair next to Benny. I'm so glad that you guys had a wonderful vacation- the house looked very nice! I missed seeing your FB pics as I was on vacation at the same time...so I will have to go look for them now!! Glad you had such a great time on the beach. Yup, life is good on the beach!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks like you had a great time! I love the Outer Banks, I lived there most my life, then moved to Florida after high school, miss the beach but not the traffic!!

·
Premium Member
10,185 Posts
Tammy, you know that I love all of your pictures. Pat is right ... I think you have even more on Facebook. :yes:

I don't think I could pick out a favorite picture ... because there are so many of them that are special. I do love the pictures of Benny and Emma in their sun dome on the beach. And, the pictures of you and your handsome hubby. And, even Benny and Emma in the car ... so cute. Really, so many, many great pictures! And, you look beautiful as usual.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful vacation. The spot you chose on the beach with the house looks awesome.

Thank you for sharing all of the pictures, Tammy. :tender:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
It really does look like you guys had a great time. We are headed to Myrtle in a few weeks but it is nt dog friendly so I am not quite sure what we are going to do yet, but the pool is dog friendly.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh Tammy wonderful pictures, it sure looks like
you had a great time. In the picture with all three
in the chair it looks like Benny is the life guard watch
out for everyone:HistericalSmiley:I'm sure that last day with
Benny in the water was a blast. I had the best time
when I took my two little ones to the beach, like
you said..so worth the bath. Oh and your precious
little girl Emma just relaxing peacefully soaking up
the rays, a lady of leisure. Not only are your fluffs
gorgeous so are you and the DH. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so very much!
Those are great pics Tammy!! Looks like you guys had a great time! Glad to see B&E got to do whatever they want. Benny definitely looks like he was a happy boy! :)
B&E always do whatever they want except they are never allowed to get dirty! I'm glad I made that exception this time around LOL!
Tammy, those pictures are wonderful! How fortunate to find a dog friendly house and beach. I love the sun dome idea!
Thanks Kim! Yes the sundome was perfection. I put an umbrella over it and it was perfectly cool in there. Yes I put 1/2 my body in there with them to test out the air temp LOL. Now that would've made a funny picture!:HistericalSmiley:
Wow, what an amazing vacation you all had! I loved seeing all of your pics...and you are NOT crazy for getting that sundome for the pups -- it keeps them safe, shaded, and happy! I love staying right on the beach, it makes it so much more fun.
Well I knew you and all our doggie friends would find it completely normal to have a children's sundome for our doggies on the beach! hehe
I loved your pics.....I actually saw even more on FB!!!! :chili:

Great vacation!!!! I wanna go......
There was an absurd amount of pics on facebook! I went a lil overboard!
I love that baby sun dome,doesn't sound crazy to me... they are your babies,all they have to do is look at that pose w/ you and Emma.

I have a collapsible pet carrier,once it's open it's about 28"x20x20.It looks huge but folds up to the size of a fat frisbee,about 1.5 inches thick,14" diameter....
I put it into my carry on luggage and when I had a 4 hour lay over,I popped it open in the airport lounge,talk about looks:w00t:.... about 20 minutes before my flight ,I just twisted and folded it up and back in the carry on.
I could have made some serious bucks if I had extras to sell...:HistericalSmiley:
OOhhh that collapsible pet carrier sounds awesome! I couldn't figure out how to fold up that sundome. It's still 1/2 folded LOL!
What a wonderful vacation! I loved all the pictures! The ones of the pups in their tent and the ones of Emma being bored and adorable! Great pictures, they make me want to pack!
THank you!
I love your pics Tammy, looks like heaven to me. Very clever idea with the sundome btw. yep, that happy Benny face makes all that bath time worth it.
I think the Quebec vacationers thought I was nutso with the dome LOL. Those Canadians hahaha J/K! You know I love ya Bren!
You always look gorgeous, Tammy! And so did your hubby and doggies!! I love that close up pic of Benny in the sand, and I love that pic of Emma being "bored" on the chair next to Benny. I'm so glad that you guys had a wonderful vacation- the house looked very nice! I missed seeing your FB pics as I was on vacation at the same time...so I will have to go look for them now!! Glad you had such a great time on the beach. Yup, life is good on the beach!!
I'm warning you...there are like 260 pics on FB. They will probably put you to sleep after awhile LOL! How was your vacay??? We are such beach goddesses aren't we? Thanks for the sweet compliments :wub:

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Oh, what great pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time! You're so beautiful! Your dogs look great for beach dogs. :)
We used to have a beach house in Kitty Hawk. I sort of miss it, except there were a lot of hurricanes and nor'easters hitting that area when we owned it. That made me glad to get rid of it. LOL!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like you had a great time! I love the Outer Banks, I lived there most my life, then moved to Florida after high school, miss the beach but not the traffic!!
OOH that traffic was unlike anything I've ever seen in my life!!! No wonder you moved to Florida!
Tammy, you know that I love all of your pictures. Pat is right ... I think you have even more on Facebook. :yes:

I don't think I could pick out a favorite picture ... because there are so many of them that are special. I do love the pictures of Benny and Emma in their sun dome on the beach. And, the pictures of you and your handsome hubby. And, even Benny and Emma in the car ... so cute. Really, so many, many great pictures! And, you look beautiful as usual.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful vacation. The spot you chose on the beach with the house looks awesome.

Thank you for sharing all of the pictures, Tammy. :tender:
Aww Marie you are the sweetest! I think you commented on every single pic I posted on facebook! Major blushing!

Glad you enjoyed the pics. Hubby said he'll give you boogie board lessons! Just don't steal him from me with your beautiful face!

PS...glad Snowball is feeling better!
Great pics Tammy! So glad you had a good time with them!
Thanks Ashley!
It really does look like you guys had a great time. We are headed to Myrtle in a few weeks but it is nt dog friendly so I am not quite sure what we are going to do yet, but the pool is dog friendly.
You are leaving soon right? I hope you enjoy the trip. I know Hunter will have a blast even if the beaches aren't pup friendly. I bet he'll love the pool!!!!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great pics!!! What a gorgeous place you were!!! Looks like so much fun!
Thank you Sher! It was beautiful there!
Oh, what great pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time! You're so beautiful! Your dogs look great for beach dogs. :)
We used to have a beach house in Kitty Hawk. I sort of miss it, except there were a lot of hurricanes and nor'easters hitting that area when we owned it. That made me glad to get rid of it. LOL!
Aww thank you! Sitting in that traffic made me think how scary it would be to have to evacuate when a hurricane would come. It sure was beautiful, relaxed and serene in OBX.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts