Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a problem with Overstock.com?

I ordered two board books for my grandaughter from them yesterday. (She's addicted to the Glitter Fish series!) Paypal was an option so I paid for them during the checkout process by Paypal.

I have never ever had a problem with Paypal before.

This morning I received an email saying my order had been cancelled because they hadn't received payment! So I went to my Paypal account and verified that it had been paid. I responded and sent them a copy of the invoice showing the payment.

No one has answered either of my emails. I am so angry!

I seem to remember other SM people have complained about this company.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Marj,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Is this the overstock.com store or an individual seller that is selling on overstock.com? I've personally never shopped on O, because I am an ebay freak and really really like the fact that I can see their feedbacks (I personally dont shop with anyone unless they have a 99.9 feedback or better). I've read that overstock.com individual sellers are problematic.

Perhaps you can contact Paypal and get your money back. I would think that is the best way now.

Or hopefully they will respond to you soon.

PS> Did you get my order? i know this is unrelated, but just wanted to make sure that my bow order was clear?

Thanks,
Mimi

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I can't remember exactly what happened but a year or so ago I had a bad experience with them and vowed never to buy from them again.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Originally posted by Holliberry@Oct 18 2005, 02:14 PM
Oh no
I hope you get it worked out, which I'm sure you will.  Its just so frustrating I know.  Thanks for the heads up though.

I will never order from them because I hate their commercials.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110961
[/QUOTE]

What, you don't like the BIG O?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Paris'Mom+Oct 18 2005, 03:22 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Holliberry
@Oct 18 2005, 02:14 PM
Oh no
I hope you get it worked out, which I'm sure you will.  Its just so frustrating I know.  Thanks for the heads up though.

What, you don't like the BIG O?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110965
[/B][/QUOTE]

I hated their commercials, too. They thought they could re-invent themselves as an e-bay wannabe. I don't think it worked.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Oct 18 2005, 02:17 PM
PS> Did you get my order? i know this is unrelated, but just wanted to make sure that my bow order was clear?

Thanks,
Mimi
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110962
[/QUOTE]

You bows were mailed out this morning!

I ordered directly from the company. I did an internet search for other books in the series and came up with Overstock and Amazon. Overstock was $1 cheaper each book plus had a $1 shipping special this week so I ordered from them.

I can probably dispute the charge through Paypal but what a hassle! I have never had problems with Paypal payments before.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom+Oct 18 2005, 02:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Paris'Mom
@Oct 18 2005, 02:17 PM

Thanks,
Mimi
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110962
You bows were mailed out this morning!

I ordered directly from the company. I did an internet search for other books in the series and came up with Overstock and Amazon. Overstock was $1 cheaper each book plus had a $1 shipping special this week so I ordered from them.

I can probably dispute the charge through Paypal but what a hassle! I have never had problems with Paypal payments before.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=110969
[/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you! I'll take pictures for you!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I got an apologetic email from them this morning and they asked me to send them the transaction # so they could straighten it out.

I'll already sent them a copy of the invoice once already! (Yes, it was completed)

They need to worry less about the Big O and more about customer service IMO!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I had some problems with them on my one and only order...my son needed a trumpet and they had the best price by far on a brand new instrument with case. We received the instrument, however, the case was damaged and the handle fell off after using it once. I called their customer service...the agent hung up on me when they said it couldn't be returned. I was within their return time frame and was asking for just a new case, not instrument. After several more calls, I finally got a CS person who straightened everything out and shipped a brand new case at no charge. While the instrument is very nice and the price was unbeatable, the experience was less than pleasant.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do remember your posts about the trumpet - I knew there had been another thread here on Overstock.com.

This is my first order, too, and never again. I saved a couple dollars on the price, but it sure wasn't worth the hassle.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I had to be the lone person who has had a good experience, but I am.

I started ordering from them a couple years ago and every single thing I have ordered has been wonderful...I usually get bedding type items. Down comforter, things of that natrue. And I also ordered a very expensive string of Pearls for my daughter that were incredible. I was worried at the time, but they were there in 2 days.

Sorry you are all having so much trouble.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure yet that they are going to straighten it out. I got the apology email, have sent a copy of my Paypal invoce twice, but haven't heard back yet.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I have ordered things two different times from Overstock.com and had no issues w/ either order. The first was a king sized quilt and the second was a roman tub faucet. Both came brand new and in beautiful condition. No shipping issues either.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Holliberry@Oct 18 2005, 02:14 PM
Oh no

[/QUOTE]

It's all about the "O"!
I can't STAND that commercial....

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For those of you (K&C's Mom, Saltymalty) who spoke to someone in customer service to resolve your problems, did you mean by telephone? I can't seem to find an 800 number to call.

The last email I got from them was last Thursday morning when they said they would have to "escalate" their research since the 2 day time frame for reporting it had passed! I reported it the moment I got the email from them that my order had been cancelled which was less than 24 hours later!

I hate this company! I have never ever had a problem with another company paying through Paypal during the checkout process.

I have certainly gotten enough emails from them encouraging me to reorder the books, but no $$$$! Do they think I am a complete idiot? Like I would try again to lose more money!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Marj, I just used the 800 number from their website and hit the button for the CS prompt. It took several tries, even before the infamous hang up.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by saltymalty@Oct 25 2005, 12:44 PM
Marj, I just used the 800 number from their website and hit the button for the CS prompt.  It took several tries, even before the infamous hang up.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=113314
[/QUOTE]

I can't even find a phone number on their website. They obviously don't want to be contacted by phone!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts