Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there - someone who works where my son freelances has a Maltese she adores and he got very sick yesterday and she posted on FB that she was at the Animal ICU and that they had trouble detecting a heartbeat at first.:crying::crying: I was going crazy yesterday waiting to hear what was going on. She posted last night that he was stable and they had him on IV. This morning she posted that he's doing better and they said he has pancreatitis. Just wondering if anyone has a really good article about it that I could have him send to her. I tried thru SM search but it's really hard to find anything specific that way -- just shows up as a word here or there. I know so many of you have this at the tips of your fingers. I'm thinking about and praying for little Louis and I hope he's okay. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I don't have an article but I'll try to find one .. but I loved your title...Thank You for saying "not Tyler"!!

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I am so glad your friend took her Maltese to the vet quickly. Early treatment is the key with pancreatitis.

Any idea what caused it? Sometimes it can be triggered by fatty foods, especially from pork. Bacon, sausage and ham are big culprits.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am so glad your friend took her Maltese to the vet quickly. Early treatment is the key with pancreatitis.

Any idea what caused it? Sometimes it can be triggered by fatty foods, especially from pork. Bacon, sausage and ham are big culprits.
Haven't gotten that info. She's actually a reporter at the tv station he works at so I can't even link into her FB page or Twitter but she friended my son and they're on the same e-mail network. Will try to get more info -- he went in to work today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts