Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there are so many lost souls...both human and furbaby and although I have been physically sick since day one, today seemed to push me over the edge. I read about snowball and realized that more than likely he is a maltese and then saw the picture and I have just lost it...I am in the middle of a panic attack with my chest so tight that I am having a hard time breathing and my stomach is fighting to keep the coke I drank which is the only thing I ate all day down. I am usually good in a crisis and yet this time...there is nothing I can physically do to help those in need so it truly feels like I am out of control and the whole country is lost.

I am in a constant state of hopelessness thinking about those little ones just trying to survive and not being able to help them....I keep hoping that the news on the animals will start to get better and I am getting angry with those people who will not leave the city because the longer the rescue people have to fight them the longer it takes to start helping those poor creatures who are not human.

Are others out there who are having panic attacks also. And I feel bad for having them because I can sit on my computer and take medication and there are so many who do not have that ability right now. I came home and my wonderful Teddy helped me with his kisses and hugs and then I think of those little ones who just want to have their human come back to them.

I pray all day for miracles

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Teddyandme@Sep 7 2005, 06:29 PM
I know that there are so many lost souls...both human and furbaby and although I have been physically sick since day one, today seemed to push me over the edge.  I read about snowball and realized that more than likely he is a maltese and then saw the picture and I have just lost it...I am in the middle of a panic attack with my chest so tight that I am having a hard time breathing and my stomach is fighting to keep the coke I drank which is the only thing I ate all day down.  I am usually good in a crisis and yet this time...there is nothing I can physically do to help those in need so it truly feels like I am out of control and the whole country is lost. 

I am in a constant state of hopelessness thinking about those little ones just trying to survive and not being able to help them....I keep hoping that the news on the animals will start to get better and I am getting angry with those people who will not leave the city because the longer the rescue people have to fight them the longer it takes to start helping those poor creatures who are not human. 

Are others out there who are having panic attacks also.  And I feel bad for having them because I can sit on my computer and take medication and there are so many who do not have that ability right now.  I came home and my wonderful Teddy helped me with his kisses and hugs and then I think of those little ones who just want to have their human come back to them. 

I pray all day for miracles
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97583
[/QUOTE]

I know... this is just soooo sad. I have watched no TV station since this happened except CNN and MSNBC. One thing that might help you is to volunteer if some of the survivors are being sent to your area. In my town we are expecting up to 1,000 and they are asking for volunteers. The company I work for has said anyone can take off of work to do Katrina volunteer work. I'm hoping they'll need me. I'm going to put my name in the database tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
Originally posted by Scrappy@Sep 7 2005, 08:01 PM
I understand what you mean we lost my daughter's MIL last year in the Florida disasters.  She was removed to a nursing home and given the medication meant for someone else and she slipped into a coma and passed away.  All that horror came flooding back when we heard about the havoc Katrina had created in her wake.

We have made donations in her honor but feel rather helpless to do anything more as we are so far away.

My heart breaks for everyone affected by this disaster our thoughts and prayers are with you.

My husband choked on his words today as I struggled through my tears to tell him about Snowball.  He just had to give Scrappy a big cuddle and bury his face in Scrappy's coat. 

We may be miles away but we care........
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=97607
[/QUOTE]
Sorry to hear of your daughters loss. I feel the same as you. I feel so sad for all who lost everything including theis precious furbabies. When I think of snowball and the little boy, i cry. how could they take the only thing that little boy had to cling to, i am mad because why didn't someone step in.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Teddyandme; try to remember that those who are hanging on and refusing to leave are suffering from panic themselves. They are hanging on for dear life, afraid that if they leave they, life everyone around them, will lose everthing they have. What a terrible thing it must be to watch all those around you lose everything, even their very lives and to know that what little you have can just as easily dissappear.

It is all so very terrible and sad, the suffering and the pain. We should all feel physically ill over it. I sometime look around me and wonder how the world can go on. How parties can happen, football games can be played, people can laugh and have a good time. But then I remember, People all over the world suffer and die and starve and terrible things happen and life goes on. It just doesn't usually hit us so close to home.

Put your panic to a positive outlet. Knita warm hat and scarf for a survivor, make some phone calls to collect money for an animal shelter. Do something positive to help and you will feel better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts