Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone...well mason has just finished building my new paver patio. I have a stainless steel grill coming on Monday and I need patio furniture. I need opinions please...I don't want a dinning table and chairs, I'm looking for more of a seating group. I've been to Target, Costco and Fortunoff's. Here is the set I like best: http://www.fortunoff.com/template/template...pfid=501205.fpx

The pavers are slate blue/gray to match my bluestone deck off the back of my French doors. The color is a true slate blue, so I think that I'd prefer something white. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, I love that set... it is so beachy!! You live at the beach.. right... it just screams BEACH!! If you're unsure how the color will go with the patio, maybe you should bring one chair home and make sure or bring just a pillow? But it is so pretty,it will probably go just fine.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I like that set
I am on a mission myself for the perfect outside set for me. The one I have now does not winter well, has big cushions, and has a glass top. I think I finally found something, but the only place I can get all of the things I want would be to order it from a company in AZ.

The things I am looking for that you may or may not need to consider:

I dont like solid table tops because of leaves and rain sticking to them (and my deck is under some trees). I want to be able to hose something off and throw up some placemats and be ready to go.

I want larger chairs. The ones in your picture seem wide enough to not be cramped.

Chairs that do not need cushions, but can use them too. I think the ones in your photo don't need to have? And also cushions that store easily or can be grabbed up in a minute if the rain comes. But if they arent out, then I want to be able to sit my butt anyway.

I also am considering ordering all swivel chairs.

I also dont want to store mine which I have to now for the winter. I want one I can just cover and be done with.

The only thing that I think is not on that set is the solid top, but you probably dont have to worry about that being you are on the beach

I found this set locally but with smaller chairs, which is why I'd have to order. It is very heavy and solid feeling. Its the best set I've found that has everything I want and it comes in a few colors I think

http://www.todayspatio.com/manuf_hanamint/...and_tuscany.htm

The set you picture is very pretty and I agree its super beachy and I love that too. But now I am thinking I dont just need a patio set, I need a beach!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holliberry, I think that set is beautiful. Check out Fortunoff's site because they carry a great selection of cast furniture. I agree with you about the glass top, and I actually looked at another set in cast that had a low round coffee table and four arm chairs. I am trying to see if it can be ordered in a pewter or gray color with blue or gray cushions. Believe it or not, Target had some nice selections too.

This is the other set I'm considering...42" round set in pewter finish:
http://www.fortunoff.com/product.asp?pf%5F...ept%5Fid=500202

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Oh thats awesome! Exactly what I am looking for if that top is what I am thinking... I never heard of this store? The only thing I prefer that is not on the white set is the top. And that seems to be the hardest thing to find in an oblong set (I would like to seat 6) around here. I'm going to check this place out. I love that set too!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Holliberry@Jun 16 2005, 04:56 PM
Oh thats awesome!  Exactly what I am looking for if that top is what I am thinking...  I never heard of this store?  The only thing I prefer that is not on the white set is the top.  And that seems to be the hardest thing to find in an oblong set (I would like to seat 6) around here.  I'm going to check this place out.  I love that set too!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=73144
[/QUOTE]
Holliberry, I think there is a Fortunoff in King of Prussia...but I'm not certain. If not, the closest one might be in Woodbridge, NJ. We just have a "Backyard" store here...the one in Woodbridge has everything including table top and jewelery. Basically Fortunoff's has everything for you house and jewelery too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts