Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Muffie has a paw she just keeps on licking!
I went to the vet... they didn't do anything. I know if the vet says theres nothing then the vets usually right, but Muffie's had this saw paw for ages. Like 2 - 3 yrs!

If you have any advice... please let me know! My email address is [email protected] or just reply on here.

I need ur help, Maltese Lovers!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Sampson used to do this and still does to an extent, my vet said it was alergies, so when he starts doing it bad we'll take him in for an alergy shot and he'll leave it alone for awhile, i'm not positive but i think it gets worse when he eats grass, Maggie on the other hand doesnt lick hers, i would maybe ask your vet about possible allergies or even consider getting a secong opinion

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much! I am going to the vet tomorrow to get Muffie a needle because she's due and I'll be sure to ask the vet if Muffie has any alergies. My neighbor also has a maltese so i'll ask her if she's had any problems with her dog. Thanks again!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I would certainly ask the vet for an explanation. If you can't get one that is satisfactory, I would definitely get a second opinion. It may truly be nothing. However, nothing can turn into a bad habit which can leave Muffie with a bleeding and then infected paw. If it is a habit, then you need to find a way from a professional, to get her distracted. It could be that she might need a collar. If Muffie has just started and it is truly nothing, this is the perfect time to break her of the habit before it become ingrained.

Grass....hmmm. Maybe it is related to eating the grass; perhaps it may be related to something that's on the grass. But, if this were true, why just one paw........I would do more investigating on this.

Gail....Colette'sMom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts