[/QUOTE]Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Jun 20 2005, 03:41 PM
It is probably allergies, either from the food or seasonal allergies. Lexi did the same thing last fall. Were they doing this before you changed their food? If so then it is probably a seasonal allergy. If not then they might be allergic to something in the food (which would be strange that they both are allergic to it).
[/QUOTE]Originally posted by JMM@Jun 20 2005, 03:49 PM
Often times this is due to primary contact/inhalent allergies. A simple thing that may help is rinsing their feet after they come in from outside and vacuming/cleaning the floors in the house more often.
Many dogs also get secondary yeast infections on their skin and between their toes from licking due to allergies. A yeast skin prep can be done to check for this and topicals (Malaseb shampoo, Malaseb spray) +/- systemic anti-yeast medications can help.