Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

PayPal

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Sisses Momma 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows about PayPal? I've never used it before. I was wondering if I can use it for the sale of my car seat that I'm selling on here.

#3 ·
I use paypal all the time.
Anyone can set up an account and use it.
Just go to the paypal site and sign up...then the person that pays you should have an account to. I don't think it works otherwise. Mine comes off my debit card, so it is signed up as a Visa, although it comes out of my checking account. I made my deposit on Brinkley that way just because Charlotte and I both had paypal and I didn't have to mail a check that way. I have also transferred money to my sister that way. It is quick and easy!

#5 ·
yes I use it a good bit. You need to sign up and it takes a couple of days or so to be confirmed. If its the same as it was a few years ago when I signed up, you have to give them your bank info and they will make two small deposits in your account. Then you have to get that from your statement (or from online banking if you use that, it will be faster) and log in and let them know how much the deposits are. You can then pay for alot of stuff that way, and people can send you money too.

I have not had a problem with it at all, but I wouldnt say its not without some risks. Most of that stuff is taken care of with the banks now anyway, so I dont worry about it.

good luck!

#6 ·
Originally posted by Kodie@Jun 6 2005, 12:42 PM
I have a paypal account too.  Sometimes there are fees you have to pay... I would read up on that.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69643
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there are fees involved sometimes...but I don't know exactly when. I think now they charge if you are using a debit/credit card instead of money in your account. I know several on ebay have said they will not honor credit/debit cards in their paypals now because of fees. But you can transfer money INTO your paypal account from your checking or whatever. When I sell stuff on ebay, I usually just leave it in my paypal account to buy more stuff later on.

#7 ·
I've been using PayPal for several years. I use it to purchase items that I've bought on Ebay. I've never used it for people to pay me. The money comes right out of my checking account. It takes a little while to get it set up. The are have lots of safeguards to make sure you don't get ripped off.

#9 ·
I use it all the time for buying and selling and I've never had a problem with it. If you are just selling one item you won't have to pay a fee. With the free personal account you don't have to pay any fees but you are limited to how much money you can receive from a buyer and it has to be from a checking account or their pay pal account balance because it won't allow you to receive payment from a debit or credit card and there is also a limit on how much money you can send. Once you hit your limits they pretty much force you to get a premier account which does charge you a fee for money you receive but you can receive payments from credit and debit cards. The fees to receive money are 1.9% + $0.30 to 2.9% + $0.30 depending on the amount you are receiving. With the premier account there isn't a limit to how much money you can send and it is free to send money out. I do a large amount of selling so it's been worthwhile to have the premier account.. but if you go for the personal account make sure your buyers know that you can only accept payment from their Pay Pal balance or their checking account.

#11 ·
Originally posted by CharmyPoo@Jun 6 2005, 03:55 PM
Paypal will charge a fee for receiving money (around ~3%).  If you are selling a car, I would suggest a money order.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69734
[/QUOTE]
No it is a dog car SEAT. LOL! I signed up for the personal paypal. Might end up upgrading later this month when I sell some clothes on Ebay.

#12 ·
We have PayPal for our online business and have never had a problem with them. Yes, they do charge small fees but it's well worth it to us as a business to not have a problem with a check coming by mail from someone and then having to wait until it clears. PayPal is pretty straight forward and they are about as secure as anyone online can be in today's world. You take a risk using any banking system online, but you also take a risk sending a check! They are great in weeding out the "bad buyers" and do a remarkable job protecting the businesses that use them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.