Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my breeder's been really great, except for one thing. She told me that she will need to make the pedigree paper for the puppy because the one she has currently was updated with the sire information.

But she told me that I can get one from the AKC since all his family are registered and they will send a pedigree paper (with the gene tree, for those that are unfamiliar) with an official AKC seal and it's all nice looking.

Gosh I sound so shallow, oh well- sue me

The truth is, the puppy is rather pricey. Reasonable for a Maltese, but in my husbands' mind- too pricey for a dog (and this is a guy that buys me many designer bags w/o batting an eye lash).

so I thought it's nice to have the pedigree framed and hung in our study or something. Along with the our other certificates / diplomas that are framed...

so my question. It is true that I will be able to get an official one through the AKC? Let me know please... thank you !

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i have sprite and ellies akc family tree thingy. its cute. i plan on framing it and putting it up with their certificate of training and their ribbons and trophies.
im a proud mommy.
i totally know what you're feeling. and i get what your husband is saying.. i paid $1,000 and $1200 for sprite and ellie. and they were 6 months apart. and then i had to buy the accessories.
BUT ITS WORTH IT!!! once you have the dog...your husband will buy stuff for him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts