Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prissy has a longer coat and when she pees the hair on the back of her legs gets in the way. This has only been happening for about a month or two. I dont know if it is because I have been taking good care of her coat and it is growing or what. I trim the hair around her hinny and pee pee but its the hair on the back and between her legs. I'm getting tired of it cause I dont have time to bath her every day plus it isnt good for her cause her hair is on the dry side. I dont know what to do and now she has stains. HELP!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I'm sorry I cant help. I don't know why, but the title of this thread makes me laugh.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Sorry I cant help,Lamby has a short coat.But she is soooo funny when she pees,she balance on her front legs with the back ones held off the ground !
Ive NEVER seen a dog do it that way!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Sheila2181--Noriko squats and raises on hind leg sometimes! LOL I wonder if she learned from Cloud!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Have you thought about using washcloths? I buy washcloths in bulk and use a few per day on Sylphide and Shrek for feet and face washing, etc.

We don't have a pee staining problem 'cos Sylphide lifts her leg, but I imagine that regular washings with facecloths might help. I use a very mild shampoo when needed, otherwise just warm water.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
sprite raises a leg too! she's adorable.

and the whole pee stains is the reason i started shaving sprite. and then when i kept getting mats with hair that was like 2 inches long...i decided to shave close to the skin. lol. i'm obviously lazy.

hopefully she learns from another dog how to pee so that it doesnt get on hair.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Mar 30 2005, 11:17 PM
sprite raises a leg too!  she's adorable. 

and the whole pee stains is the reason i started shaving sprite.  and then when i kept getting mats with hair that was like 2 inches long...i decided to shave close to the skin.  lol.  i'm obviously lazy. 

hopefully she learns from another dog how to pee so that it doesnt get on hair.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47685
[/QUOTE]
prissy squats like a girl but with one of her back legs lifted but it doesnt help; her hair is just long and in the way.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
When I got Sassy the breeder was hoping to show her and her hair was long everywhere and had not been cut. I just couldn't take the pee stains and the poop got stuck every blasted time. We've kept her hair long, but the groomer does a sanitary kind of cut on the rear so that she can do her business without problems. She still looks fine. I had planned to keep both puppies in a puppy cut, but Sassy's hair is so thick and luxurious that my husband tells me not to cut it. Luckily it doesn't mat. Poor Sadie got the unfortunate, thin hair. But it is still silky, at least.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Yes , please try Proline Self Rinse (waterless shampoo) it's great. I've been using it for weeks now Chelsy also had the same problem and no matter how I washed her Chelsey back legs were yellow. Well now she is all white. I just picked up the big bottle at Ren's our pet store for groomers. In addtion , if you don't have the time for that and you need to quickly fix puppy up there is a chalk cover up that groomers use for shows as well. Bio- groom. you pray over the area wait a few min and then brush it . Bio groom one is good to as it is a dry shampoo and live puppy selling great. Not sure if it is a permiate fix because I can't give Chelsey a bath until her spay stitches are removed.
So far I like proline the best. P.S there is a link in the grooming section were you can order it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Mar 30 2005, 11:55 PM
I'm sorry I cant help.  I don't know why, but the title of this thread makes me laugh. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47672
[/QUOTE]

lol i think its hilarious too.. esp cuz of the typo
haha

-original post-

ummm lucy doesn't usually pee on herself and her hairs starting to get LONG!! we have the prob w/ poo though :lol:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Originally posted by JMM@Mar 31 2005, 05:49 AM
You can do a more full sanitary trim. I just clean them once a day with Proline. I keep it in a spray bottle and spray it on and wipe it off.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=47722
[/QUOTE]

How do you do a sanitary trim. or what is it ?? please let me know my mitzi's hair in between her legs is like stuck together like dirty from pee, but its not yellow. Can you help me ?? thank you

1 - 20 of 39 Posts