Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
jeez, thats almost happened to me!
i hate those dreams where you're looking for a toilet but all the toilets dont have any doors...or people are staring. i hate those!!

anyway, i've heard of kids having that problem. a friend of mine sister is like that. she takes pills because she cant "feel" that she needs to go potty.

my solution would be to make sure that you take him out before night time. thats what we do to the girls. gruffi holds it for HOURS so we dont push him. but if he had a problem, i'd drag him out from under the couch. lol.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Nov 17 2004, 02:21 PM
jeez, thats almost happened to me! 
  i hate those dreams where you're looking for a toilet but all the toilets dont have any doors...or people are staring.  i hate those!!

anyway, i've heard of kids having that problem.  a friend of mine sister is like that.  she takes pills because she cant "feel" that she needs to go potty. 

my solution would be to make sure that you take him out before night time.  thats what we do to the girls.  gruffi holds it for HOURS so we dont push him.  but if he had a problem, i'd drag him out from under the couch.  lol. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=16827
[/QUOTE]

LOL you are tooo funny

·
Registered
942 Posts
You know, Chanel has been peeing on her beds...now that her hair is shaved off, I want her to be warm. But everything I put in her crate to sleep on gets peed on...I am going out of my mind. I thought it might be that she wanted to get warmer...maybe the pee was warm? Or maybe she was doing it in her sleep. It is really odd. I am frustrated...but it sounds like we have different problems, mine feels very similar though. Ugh.

~Elegant

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
well, i remember when i was trying to crate sprite---in all the books it says not to put a lot of blankets and stuff in the crate or the dog will pee on it. i dont know

i've seen toys that have hot water bottles in it for dogs. i saw it in a catalogue(hopefully someone else knows what i'm talking about).

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
PetSmart sells a Snuggle Safe Heat Pad.

Give your pet a warm and comfortable bed to snuggle up in. Just heat the Snuggle Safe in the microwave for a few minutes, then slip it into any pet bed (sold separately) where it will provide up to 12 hours of warmth. Pad is non-toxic, environmentally friendly and never needs to be refilled. Snuggle Safe is ideal for comforting new pets as well as offering therapeutic warmth to older or arthritic animals.[/B]

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Nov 19 2004, 09:51 AM
cuddle buddy

i was pretty sure there was a different toy.  i'll look through the catalogues today. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17184
[/QUOTE]

I think I know what you mean. I've seen it at PetCo & PetSmart. It is part of the PetStages line.

Found the one I'm thinking of. It is called the PetStages WARMING SOOTHER DOG TOY
Petstages Soothing Toys

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I have tried many bed warmers for my cats who are like heat seeking missiles in this cool weather. They didn't like the snuggle safe because it is too hard - like a rock- so they won't lie on it.

They just came out with pet bed warmers last year and they are great! I highly recommend them. Here it is from Carealot, but most of the catalogues have them. Petsmart carries them also, for about $5 more.

http://www.carealotpets.com/listItems.asp?...l&sortType=Desc

·
Registered
994 Posts
All i can say is that maybe you should leave wee wee pads out near where he sleeps so if he has to go he can go quick
maxi sleeps with me every night and sometimes i see him get up during the night to go pee and he comes right back...I make sure that maxi always has wee pad access , otherwise maybe you can hve him sleep with the night diaper

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
hi, im just posting because i saw the toy that i was talking about. its called a SnuggleKittie or a SnugglePuppie. this is a pic of a snuggle puppie.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
First you need to rule out a medical cause like a urinary tract infection, bladder stones, kidney disease, or diabetes. Don't fool around with urinary tract infections as they can become very serious.

If that is ruled out and it does not appear behavioral, your vet may suggest a medication for incontinence. Most commonly used are PPA (phenylpromanolamine or PROIN) and DES (diethystilbesterol). Sometimes you have to play with the dose a bit with the PPA.

Urinating while sleeping is a common sign of a UTI or other medical problem. Please have your dog checked by your vet.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
My daughter has a 12 years old shi tzu and she started peeing in her sleep about a year ago. When that happens it's almost impossible to wake her up and if you lift her up she is completely limp. Our first thought was that she is dreaming or having a nightmare and being afraid. The first vet that saw her wanted to operate on her head. The last vet she saw found out that she has an enlarged heart that makes her whole body shut down from time to time. And that's the cause of the urinating. She is now under medication but started doing it again since about a couple of weeks. Maybe she will have to increase the medication.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Nov 26 2004, 08:09 PM
hi, im just posting because i saw the toy that i was talking about.  its called a SnuggleKittie or a SnugglePuppie.  this is a pic of a snuggle puppie. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18680
[/QUOTE]
Allo Doc C.
I really like that little SnugglePuppie or Kittie wish there was a pic of the kit as well can you tell me where you saw it. I believe my little Sheila and Sabre would really appreciate a snuggle pal like this in their beds.
Thanks for the info:excl: Silver

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Hi! well, you can buy it from Peta.org (thats where i saw the ad) or you can google "snugglepuppie".

i got that pic from

http://www.petsonbroadway.com.au

it looks like australia, i guess??

petsmart doesnt sell it, so i cant tell you a reliable store or website.
maybe someone else can help you on here. but peta.org is reliable. i've gotten stuff from there. but you could also google the product to find a good price.

i hope your babies like it.

this is the description:

Whether you've adopted an animal who is young or old, these snuggly creatures make the perfect companion for your companion. Each comes complete with a "feels real" heartbeat, two types of heat, and a spot for a feeding bottle (great for rehabbers who work with very young wildlife). Your companion animal will love his or her new furry critter. And for the very young, a SnugglePuppie or SnuggleKittie makes the perfect virtual mom!
Replacement Warmers also available

and here's the link to the peta site:

SnugglePuppie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts