Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts

Can we say purebred malti-poo or maltese/shih-tzu mix? Maltese/SOMETHING mix....but not a golden maltese!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

·
Registered
7,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
When I was looking for a puppy I came across a rare black maltese...wanted $1500.00 for this puppy. If it was that rare don't you think the person would have wanted big $$$?!?!?!? I do hope whoever purchased that little puppy is very loving to it and has given it a loving home, but rare? Come on!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know, and if you look at the pictures you can totally tell that it doesnt even look like a maltese aside from the color, but the fur texture ...I'm definetly guessing Malti-poo. But I hope someone would do their research before buying a maltese in the first place, but also to not get sucked into paying big bucks for a mixed breed.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Sep 17 2005, 06:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DanaH
@Sep 17 2005, 02:35 PM
   This made me want to e-mail the lady and ask just what she really knew about the maltese breed.  I admit I don't claim to know it all but this sounds like a true scam to me.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100566
Good idea... I just now did that. Will keep you posted!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100624
[/B][/QUOTE]

Good for you!
I am curious to her response

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by DanaH+Sep 17 2005, 07:21 PM-->
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 17 2005, 06:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DanaH
   This made me want to e-mail the lady and ask just what she really knew about the maltese breed.  I admit I don't claim to know it all but this sounds like a true scam to me.

[/QUOTE]

Good for you!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100651
[/B][/QUOTE]

Me too...
Then send her here for some education!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Sep 17 2005, 10:56 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's [email protected] 17 2005, 06:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DanaH

Good for you!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100651

Me too...
Then send her here for some education!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100692
[/B][/QUOTE]

It's been a few hours since I wrote and so far, I've heard nothing... My email explained that there is no such thing as a golden Maltese, etc. Maybe it would be good for others to write, too ... maybe she'll change the listing... I just hate for unsuspecting people to be lured in by this total misrepresentation.

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wonder why he keeps saying that they like milk...am i missing something? Does he think people would buy a maltese that likes milk over one that doesnt? What a funny description of a dog. "he is white, with no black points, a great temperment and he likes milk" . weird.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by debinmo64@Sep 17 2005, 11:13 PM

All I can say is WOW! I have the feeling that these ppl are running some serious scams and I feel very sorry for the ppl that fall for them. Dang maybe someone needs to inquire about a puppy and see where it goes, these ppl need to be turned in. Just my opinion, but does anyone else get the same feeling esp after sassy14830's finding. very sad 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=100698
[/QUOTE]

Who would you turn them in to?
There are just many not too bright people one the internet, both as sellers and buyers. Many of the people who sell these dogs are crooks who are only interested in getting your money. Pups are livestock to them, and they don't care about the type home you provide, as long as you can pay for the dogs. Others just aren't that bright when it comes to what is quality and what is not. They don't know much more than you can put two dogs together of the same breed and get a litter of pups. A good example of this (both from the buyer and seller point) is the ads for dogs with champion pedigree or champion lines. Some people think that just because there is a few champions in the background they have something special. Champions in the pedigree does not guarantee quality, especially if the champions are several generations back. For instance, I could take a dog who is a champion and breed it to a fifteen pound Maltese with poor coat texture, history of health problems, and poor pigment, and there would be people who would want to buy the offspring just because the sire is a champion.
Sites such as Next Day Pet are just a form of advertisement, not much different than listing a website with some of the major search engines. The key here is that it is just that, advertising. One must go from there with it to check out the validity of the product.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts