Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started taking my measurements last week. Highly recommend it. I only lost a pound or two in the last week but I lost 14.5 inches over all!

Here is what I measure:

Taking your measurements is an excellent way to keep track of your changing shape as you get fit. When you burn fat and increase your muscle mass, you may weigh a bit more even though your body is getting tighter and smaller. Here is how you take 11 different body measurements. Remember to keep your muscles relaxed while you're measuring.

1. Neck: Measure wherever they are the biggest.

2. Bust: Don't squish yourself -- measure all the way around your bust and back right at your nipple line, and make sure the tape measure is not lower.

3. Chest: Measure under your breasts but as high up as you can go, keeping the tape measure parallel to this line when you reach it around your back.

4. Waist: Measure wherever it is the smallest (if you have "no waist" go around yourself right at the navel line).

5. Hips: Measure at the very biggest part -- even if that is so low that you are almost on the top of your thighs.

6. Midway: Measure midway between the very biggest part of your hips and your waist.

7. Thighs: Measure wherever they are the biggest.

8. Knees: Measure right above the knee.

9. Calves: Measure wherever they are the biggest.

10. Upper arm: Measure wherever they are biggest above your elbows.

11. Forearms: Measure wherever they are biggest below your elbows.[/B]

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I just posted on another tread how great you look, but I wanted to do it again!

Good job!!!!!!!!

I don't know if you remember but I joined WW on Nov. 2... My origonal goal was 14lbs until I got there...
I'm now at 16.4 lost and I want to go for 4 more!
Did you find the holidays hard? I suprised myself.. I lost weight during the holidays, without really even thinking about it! I weigh in tomorrow... I'm hoping to be closer to my goal!!! : ) You are keeping me motivated by posting on here, thank you!!!!

Have a great day!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I did find the holidays hard. I tried to eat healthy but didn't really restrict what I ate on the actually holiday. The way I thought about it was it isn't really Christmas without mashed potatoes. The rest of the time I tried to stay on the diet. I did "treat" (ok cheat) sometimes but I still managed to lose weight. I am now down 26.5lbs (1lb from my first goal)!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts