Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have dogs that like to perch on high places in the house, i.e. back of couch, kitchen chairs etc?

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Romeo likes to sit on high places in the house

now with my malts? hmmm. they prefer the couch itself more than the high back of the couch. They actually never sit on higher places, so I would say, my two don't :) it sounds cute though. Does you maltese like to do that?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loves too, She also likes to stretch by placing her front paws on me and leaning. Yes, she's part cat.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
She also likes to stretch by placing her front paws on me and leaning. Yes, she's part cat.
LOL now THAT Crystal does it as well .... especially in the early morning. If yours is half cat, Crystal will be a quarter kitty :HistericalSmiley: no wonder Romeo loves her and spends time with her more than he does with Snowy.

I find these little creatures to be sooo much fun to watch. I love their acts so much.

Yours sounds adorable :wub: what's her name by the way?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Todays a good day, so God Given name: Tinkerbelle.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yeager perches :) he likes to sit on the back of the couch, or on top of the pillows, or whatever high ground so he can look down and survey his "territory" :p I think he partly does it because he wants to be closer to my head and lick my ear, it's cute!

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Out of four.....three of mine like to lay on the back of the sofa....it always scares me to death!! :w00t: The sofa is not up against a wall...oh my lord.....:blink: I'm sure Ava would be up there too if she could reach it.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Ollie stretches out on the back of the sofa and keeps watch on the front yard and when his daddy is home in his recliner he is perched on the top of that.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
my gang

mine love the couch. Ladie however, loves to be high up on pillows or the side arms. When she was a pup, I always told her she was part parrot as she always wanted to lay on my shoulders behind my head, She was my mink!

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Teddy and Harry both like to lie on the top of the couch or chair backs. Benny prefers the cushions or my lap, but occasionally he will lie on the top. Because of the way Teddy and Harry climb on things and people, my husband calls them mountain goats.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Oh my, yes. Gracie definitely loves to perch. I've been facinated by this trait as none of my other dogs ever did this. Gracie tries to climb as high as she can get, but I'm too scared to let her. :w00t: The only place she gets to perch is behind my neck when we're just hanging out on the bed.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I tell Spookie she is my Malti-keet. She likes to perch on my shoulders.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Teddy and Harry both like to lie on the top of the couch or chair backs. Benny prefers the cushions or my lap, but occasionally he will lie on the top. Because of the way Teddy and Harry climb on things and people, my husband calls them mountain goats.
Oh my goodness! Me, too! :w00t:
I kid you not,
My actual command/request to Paris is:
"OFF, GOAT!!!!"
When she leaps to the sofa arm!
:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Oh, this is too funny! Cody is half parakeet, too! He climbs up daddy and sits on his shoulder. It is quite a sight. My other 2 fluffs are not purebred Maltese and do not do this. So funny that this appears to be a Maltese thing. I wonder why. Josey is a bit cat like, sometimes. But, she never perches up on shoulders like Cody.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Benny my Malt cross is always on the back of the couch. It's so cute, though as my couch isn't against a wall, it still makes me nervous him being up there. He's only fallen once though in the last 5 years.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Tilly climbs onto everything -- the higher the better. As I mentioned in a previous thread, she loves getting up on my kitchen table and looking out the front window. She's the only one big enough to do this. She also loves to perch on the back of my chair and 1/2 and look out the patio door. I've found her up on things I'd never believe she could get on.

Lacie loved perching on the back of the sofa when she was a puppy, but doesn't do it now.

Secret might like to, but she can't get up on anything by herself.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Yes Lola likes a high vantage point ;) especially if I am doing stuff and my Hubby is downstairs. She likes to be on him as high as possible so she can keep an eye on me. He feels a little irritated sometimes, used!!!!! :LOL: she doesn't care where she puts her paws as she is trying to climb up his head.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Rocco loves to sit on the back of the couch behind me and mess up my hair. I think it's payback for his daily topknot. He is not afraid of heights, the vacuum cleaner, Great Danes... Rocco is fearless. He does not realize he is a fluffy little dog with a ribbon in his hair.
I do worry about him leaping off the couch. He has a set of stairs, but sometimes he is in such a hurry to get somewhere he just jumps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts