Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using a qtip to apply peroxide on Chanel, she turned her head suddenly, and part of the qtip went in her eye. I freaked out, but flushed her eye out with water. Scary!!!

Will she be okay? Her eye seems fine and it had been an hour since it happened.

~Elegant

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My gosh you are quick Nicole!!! Thank you!!

I'm worried about the peroxide going in her eye...cuz I heard it fizz, then I freaked out. She didn't squel or cry and she is sleeping right now. I'm just so worried I'm gonna mess her up some how cuz she is so small and delicate!

The Qtip lightly brished the eye, it turned reddish, then I flushed it, and about 10 minutes later it was better.

Thanks for putting my mind a bit at ease!!

~Elegant

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Jul 29 2004, 12:33 AM
I worry about Toby too, but honestly, they are dogs (I know we hate to think that
) so sometimes I think they are equipped to handle "traumas" better than we are.
i was wondering how they can handle it better than humans? funny thing is, jong-ee often smashes into the wall when she doesnt look where shes running..it seems so painful but she doesnt cry or squeal or anything, she just keeps running ...

·
Registered
939 Posts
Mee,

jong-ee often smashes into the wall when she doesnt look where shes running..it seems so painful but she doesnt cry or squeal or anything, she just keeps running ...[/B]

Tiki does this also, I just don't get it. He will be running around like crazy and go head first into the brick fireplace! It doesn't phase him.... he just keeps on playing. I always check him after he calms down but there is never a problem. I try to keep him away from the walls when he is doing the "motoring" think but sometimes he just goes for it.

Judi

·
Registered
69 Posts
I used to think my boys were tough boogers too, but they are really fragile. I think so anyways. Meesta has actually knocked himself out doing the simplest things. Like when he was smaller, he was jumping up on the curb outside...(just a regular ole curb) and hit his chin I think, and got woozy. I was sooooo scared. I was crying. I tried to keep him awake, and after about 5 solid minutes finally he came totally back to. This has happened a few times. Including once when he jumped off the bed. However this hasn't happened in at least 6months. Probably because I am more careful with where I let him go, and how I let him play. Has anyone ever heard of this? Should I be really concerned?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by mee@Jul 30 2004, 05:53 AM
carissa, maybe if Meesta goes out again maybe u should take him to the vet just in case nothing is wrong...
I mentioned it a few times, and the vet just kinda blew it off. I was pissed too! They all seem to blow it off. I have been to at least 4 vets. What should I do?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts