Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it - he's almost 5 and this is his first really short cut. He had the initial cut 2 weeks ago and then today the groomer made the finishing touches. I had her leave the face and tail since this isn't a permanent thing and those take so long to grow.
I wanted to cut him to see if he would be cooler when outside but I can't say I've seen much of a difference these last 2 weeks. I did have a feeling he was just hot natured, but felt I should give it a try. Anyway, here's the short Perri:

tmpphpVTv2Dj.jpg

tmpphpb3z99K.jpg

tmpphpn9Z2Ui.jpg

tmpphp7Y1kJs.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Wow, Perri looks very handsome.:wub: Do you find yourself missing his long hair? I chickened out with Riley the first time and now he has an appointment on the 13th of August and hopefully i won't chicken out that day.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Perri looks terrific.:wub: I especially love that last picture. It will be such a snap to take care of him now.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
He looks fabulous with his newly cut hair :wub:

I keep meaning to do it but haven't had the courage yet Lol. silly me!

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Oh I think he looks GREAT!!!! I don't think you will notice a difference rom Peri but I am convinced that dogs feel the difference. Hunter pants less when in his shortest coat but he still pants. Its his way of sweating!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Perri looks handsome in his cut. I am a believer that their hair keeps them cool in the summer and warm in the winter...BUT...I also feel like they sometimes stay cooler with a shorter cut because there is more airflow to their skin, and they can also lay on cold surfaces and cool off faster.

Both of mine are in short cuts and still pant when it's hot, lay on our hardwood floors or ceramic tile floor in the bathroom, etc but when I had London in a long coat she would pant much harder.

Also, you are going to LOVE bath time now. LOL

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Awwww...Perri looks very handsome in his new cut! I bet he's loving not having the long hair. They always act so frisky when they get a short cut.

·
Registered
469 Posts
He looks great! He must feel much cooler.

Oh I think he looks GREAT!!!! I don't think you will notice a difference rom Peri but I am convinced that dogs feel the difference. Hunter pants less when in his shortest coat but he still pants. Its his way of sweating!
I agree, this is why I went with a very short cut today as well. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, Perri looks very handsome.:wub: Do you find yourself missing his long hair? I chickened out with Riley the first time and now he has an appointment on the 13th of August and hopefully i won't chicken out that day.
Well he wasn't in full coat like your gorgeous Riley, only midlength, but I do think he looks better with the longer hair. Although the cut turned out better than I thought it would and I'm happy with it for a short cut.
Good luck with Riley, maybe it will be easier for you if you don't go really short all at once.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
He looks Terrific!!!!!:thumbsup: I'll bet once you get used to how easy it is, his face will start going shorter and shorter too! ;) :D They did a great job! :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts