Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 years ago I my poor Yorkie of 14 1/2 yrs. passed on with CHF. It was very devastating to me. I was heartbroken and couldn't thing of anything but my poor yorkie CeCe. I cried alot. I let time go by and started thinking of getting another yorkie. Then I started thinking that it may remind to much of CeCe and make me sad. I decided on a Maltese. I always thought they were kinda like having a yorkie but white. I made the best decision. My little Peechie - Maltese is a great doggie. Sweet, smart and lovable little one. My maltese doe's alot of things my CeCe did and even acts like her at times. Its kinda like CeCe is in her. That makes me feel good. Has anybody else experienced anything like this??? I still miss CeCe very much. I love my little Peechie so much
Let me know if anyone out there had anything like happen to them??

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I am so glad your Maltese helps ease your grief, I haven't experienced anything like that myself, but I am so happy you have your Maltese. I know that our puppies very quickly become our babies and I can't imagine losing my Bella. She's my daughter!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I am happy for you that you found Peechie. I too, lost my little maltese of 14 1/2 years this past January. I got Phoebe 3 weeks later and it helped tremendously. Call me silly, but I was thinking that maybe I should wait for a puppy that came after Holli's passing just in case there was a way I would get her little "soul" back (I was devistated)... Its funny because Phoebe also does alot of things Holli would have done, but also alot is different in other ways. Maybe its the breed similarities or maybe its the owner
either way, congrats on finding happiness again.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I don't have anything to offer other than to say that I'm so happy you both opened up your hearts to another baby. I'm glad that you both have your angels to bring you laughter and joy.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I'm glad your baby has help you through this... but my question is... what are we to do when (god forbid) our babies die..?? I hate to think about it but everything dies... I dunno if i'm gonna be able to handle having another Maltese when Kodie is no longer here.. (Gosh i'm getting myself all worked up now...
)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts