Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you that have husbands or families to shelter in place with be thankful and enjoy this time together with your loved ones - Give them extra kisses and hold them ever so close. I have found that although I love Abella to pieces and she is my soulmate and a wonderful companion and my snuggle partners she is not very good at Monopoly, Chess, Clue or Rumikub or at conversations........Feeling lonely!
8da16aaadb5cbb2f5098b2da633f3cd1.jpeg.max800.jpg
. 馃惗 馃惥 馃挆

I was sent this Billboard sign and thought I'd pass it on to the SM family.

Registered
Awww I'm so sorry that you're feeling so lonely. I am so thankful I have my husband here at home with me. Can you skype or facetime with your kids and grandkids. It's not the same as being with them but at least you can see them. I'm really missing all of my family and it's so hard when we don't even know when we can be together again.

Reactions: edelweiss

Premium Member
Paulann, holding you close in my heart! I so appreciate you!

Premium Member
Paulann I'm feeling cabin fever, its hard on a good day, I can only imagine what your going through
There's only so much reading, watching tv and taking naps one can do.
Not sure if Abella is like my girls, but my girls are so needy, they are use to meeting people and shopping, I
think they know something's different
You have been in lock down much longer than most of us, I hope its lifted soon so you can be around friends and
family

Once a week my daughter stops by to pick up something's, or drop off some things, she brings my grandson by, its terrible being on the porch not being able to hug and kiss them.
Talking on the phone just isn't the same thing as being able to hug and visit in person

I love the billboard it puts what Anne Frank and many others went through. We can do this, one day at a time, sometimes one moment at a time
I keep reminding myself that God promises he won't give us more than we can take.

You have had a hard few months, I am praying for you, I wish you could have been with family

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Kathy, Yes we do FaceTime - But you are right its just not the same. I am now hearing that this "shelter in place" may go on until April 30th! UGH!!! Your little granddaughters are changing daily and need their fix of regular grandmother kisses! 馃憤

images1.jpg

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
Paulann I'm feeling cabin fever, its hard on a good day, I can only imagine what your going through
There's only so much reading, watching tv and taking naps one can do.
Not sure if Abella is like my girls, but my girls are so needy, they are use to meeting people and shopping, I
think they know something's different
You have been in lock down much longer than most of us, I hope its lifted soon so you can be around friends and
family

Once a week my daughter stops by to pick up something's, or drop off some things, she brings my grandson by, its terrible being on the porch not being able to hug and kiss them.
Talking on the phone just isn't the same thing as being able to hug and visit in person

I love the billboard it puts what Anne Frank and many others went through. We can do this, one day at a time, sometimes one moment at a time
I keep reminding myself that God promises he won't give us more than we can take.

You have had a hard few months, I am praying for you, I wish you could have been with family
Paula,
How is brave little Ethan doing? I pray daily for him and his mommy (Only one poke when he gets his infusion) 馃憤. I'm asking for a healing miracle. 馃檹馃挆
Yes, I too am clinging to Gods promises! I am so blessed to have you as a dear friend!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
Paulann, holding you close in my heart! I so appreciate you!
Thank you Sandi. We will get through this and come out stronger on the other side - hopefully soooon.

You and I share the same "Happy Place" :)馃尦馃尶馃尰馃尫馃尮馃尯馃尲馃尭馃尯馃惪 - I so appreciate you too my sister in Christ. 馃懐鈥

Premium Member
Paulann, I totally relate to what you are saying. I live alone, now with just my pug and still grieving the passing of my dear sweet Angel. The pug is 100% deaf, so I may as well be talking to myself. I decided today, that there are other singles living alone and probably feeling just as isolated. I can do something to maybe brighten their day, just a bit. I sent out a few cards today, just saying "I'm thinking about you." It made me feel good to do something for someone else.

I'm going to do a Zoom meeting with my kids & grandkids Friday night. (Never heard of Zoom until the last week or so.) I think we are going to go on a virtual road trip. Give them 20 minutes to pack, only clean clothes. What articles are they going to have to do without? Besides clothes and toiletry items, what two things would they bring along? Remember back when we'd take road trips and we'd actually have to talk to each other because we didn't have smart phones/dvd players/game consoles? We'd play games, the license plates from the different states, going through the alphabet using the road signs. Yeah, it might be lame, but it will give us all some interactions and probably some laughs along the way. And... if they think it's a really dumb idea, I'll just pass it along as a crazy moment this old lady is having. 馃 (Oh no - I wanted the dancing chili emoticon.)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #10
Lynne,
Your post is such an encouragement. You are so right - Doing something for others helps brighten their day and is even a bigger blessing to the giver!

You are so creative - I love your Friday night ZOOM date idea with your kids and grandkids. They sound like so much fun and I'm sure will create life long memories - "Remember those fun crazy times we shared with Grandma on ZOOM!?" So much better than kids playing video games.

Thank you for sharing -

FYI:
I just heard Hallmark is giving greeting cards away so people can send out to encourage one another - CEO said go to their web site and request a package for free.

Premium Member
I'm alone here too... except for Sprite... so glad I have her! But I feel your pain. Missing my kids and grandchildren terribly. FaceTime is great, but a hug is better. Hoping it ends soon. Hang in there. Debbie

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #13
I'm alone here too... except for Sprite... so glad I have her! But I feel your pain. Missing my kids and grandchildren terribly. FaceTime is great, but a hug is better. Hoping it ends soon. Hang in there. Debbie
Thank you Debbie, My days just blend together.
I am also glad you have Sprite. She is adorable 馃槏. These little fluffs are amazing companions. I know they can sense things are amiss. Praying soon some sense of normality will return and we will be hugging and kissing our loved ones. 馃惗 馃惥 馃懌馃懎 馃挆

IMG_0871.JPG

Super Moderator
Living by myself but working from home, so not much extra free time at all! The hardest part is that I'm used to doing things on the weekends - concerts, theater, dinner out, etc. and that's been an adjustment. I'm fortunate in that my neighborhood has a great trail system so I'm still getting in a couple of miles of walking a day.

Sending everyone virtual hugs!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts