Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandaughter is leaving for Peru on Sat. with her church group, to do missionary work. I am so nervous because of all the bad things that can happen in a foreign country. Please keep her and her group in your prayers as they go to help and spread the word of God. Thank you.

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
I will keep them in my thoughts..
I went to Egypt and Israel during the 1980's, with our misionary group,not the safest place to be in the early 80's....We actually had martial law declared in Israel,while we were there and our 7 day side tour got extended an extra week,under lockdown at the St.Georges Hotel...until martial law was lifted and we could go home.
We all made it home safe. It was surreal,one day a bustling city of people and cars,the next military,jeeps and trucks....then back to normal,kinda,again.

I believe those on a noble and pure quest have extra angels watching over them.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
My grandaughter is leaving for Peru on Sat. with her church group, to do missionary work. I am so nervous because of all the bad things that can happen in a foreign country. Please keep her and her group in your prayers as they go to help and spread the word of God. Thank you.
My nephew did the same thing in Peru a few years ago and had a great trip. I'm sure your grand-daughter will be fine. My parents just went there last year- it's safe. Please don't worry about her (I know you can't help it as her grandmother though!). I'm sure she will be in good care there.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
good for her for doing something like that 1 im pretty sure she will be fine , but i will still pray she has an enjoyable , safe productive trip !!

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
A collegue of mine did the same thing last year and had a wonderful time. Since she will be in a group she should be fine, but I know how you must feel. Everytime I go back to my country we are alwasy extra safe becuase (as much as we try to blend in) we do stand out. However, there's alwasy safety in numbers and I'm sure the church has planned to visit safe places. I'm sure she'll enjoy yourself and will keep her in my prayers.

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
You must be so proud of her.:wub: I know several people who have visited Peru and had a wonderful time and come back with phenomenal photos of the sites and especially beautiful close ups of the people and children. I'm sending thoughts and prayers for her safety. :grouphug:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all my sm family, you come through when I need prayers and reassurance. I am very proud of my grand daughter. She works hard in our community. She is always doing for the goodof the community. She is an inspiration. Now my grand son that is 15 is another story, LOL, but we love him. Thanks to all.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
what a great opportunity for your granddaughter to experience what other countires are like. Many years ago we took are youth group to Mexico for a week, it was a eye opening experience for the kids to see the poverty and for them to share their faith with others. Our daughter still remembers how blessed she was to have had that opportunity.Your granddaughter will grow in her faith during this time and see how God has his hand in everything. I will remember them in my prayers.
My son was in Peru a few years ago, he said it was safe enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts