Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to ask everyone how you handle pest control. My apartment complex is sending the pest control people out on Monday to bait for roaches and spray the baseboards. They claim it is enviornmentally safe for pets and humans but as they've never sprayed in the time we've had Tuffy I really am worried about it... he likes to sleep curled up against the walls right on the baseboards sometimes and he is such a little sniffer that he almost always has his nose to the ground. Do you still have the Bug Man come out? Do you keep your dogs away from treated areas for a while? What do you use to control bugs? With summer coming I know it'll bring the spiders and icky things but I just don't know what to do.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
definitely call the bug people. i had one that came to my house and said that they were spraying the area...just make sure the dogs stay in the house for the whole day....or just stay on the sidewalk when we walk from the house to the street. but that the next day it'd be fine (something like that.). they might have a different chemical that what nichole's bug man used. so make sure to call.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
We are on a quarterly pest spray contract. They say it is safe for the pets and humans...the stuff they spray inside anyway. I usually close my cats in the back bathroom and either put Brinkley in his crate or take him out with us for a few hours until it dries well. They mostly just spray the baseboards unless they are spraying for fleas. If they are spraying for fleas, then all the carpet and furniture is wet...we def. leave for a few hours then and let it dry really well. We have been doing this for almost 10 years now, and it has never bothered any of our pets or us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts