Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on the target website and while it dosnt look like something i would personlly buy someone on here might thing its intresting Pet-A-Potty. Did seem a little expensive for a box to put a piece of sod in but like i said dosnt look like something i would buy myself.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
A friend of mine told me about those...I would be interested in it if it weren't 200 bucks
Not something I could really see spending that much on.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
It may work for someone with a small or no yard. I can't see Puddles sniffing around and around in that small of area he's a roamer.

Can't believe is was $250.00...ouch.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i went to the Nuts for Mutts fair last year and they had those (ellie actually stood on one in front of the camera...but they never aired it
)

Anyway....that thing is basically disgusting because there's a tray underneath it...that you have to empty.

when we got gruffi, he was 5 weeks old and i took him to my condo in san diego...and i had a balcony off of my room....so all i did was put a really really large sheet of plastic, and i put sod on top of it. it would last for a couple of weeks. and sod is around $1.50 for a piece that was 4x2 inches.

and after they pee, just add a little bit of water on top. it will last longer.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
We got a couple for our store. The idea was mainly to have one in our backroom for our girls to use when we got too busy to take them outside. and then to sell them also. They've never used it yet. We have the fake grass on there though. I think you are supposed to start out with Sod and get them used to that, then move to the fake grass and just clean it out.

One of these days we're going to get them used to it but for now we just take them out.

We never put the other one we have out for sale because we couldn't find a place for it in the store that we liked.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I guess it makes sense if you were to use it on a balcony. Otherwise, I don't think I would want to bring live grass and dirt into my apartment.

What if bugs, fleas, spiders, insect eggs, and other creepy crawlies came in via the sod piece?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Joe can make that for less!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I remember seeing on the Animal Planet or somewhere that there is a company in big cities that have products like that. They come out every week or two and replace the sod.

Found an article about the company, they are based in LA: Pooch Potty

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by stini@Mar 16 2005, 02:08 AM
I guess it makes sense if you were to use it on a balcony.  Otherwise, I don't think I would want to bring live grass and dirt into my apartment.

What if bugs, fleas, spiders, insect eggs, and other creepy crawlies came in via the sod piece?

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=43699
[/QUOTE]

That was my thought as well. At first i thought this was fake grass then it said ti was reall grass, that means you have to water it. Also the grass my get burned from your puppies urine.. that means you will have to replace it. ( that a lot of money)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts