Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have built another pet bed, I sold the first one on ebay for way cheap (30.00 including shipping), cheaper than i wanted but i made a few dollars on it, this one is much better, i have to get a bigger pillow for this one and then i'll put it on ebay too, i wont let this one go as cheap though, heres a couple of pics i snapped real quick, just finished it today, let me know what you think

·
Registered
219 Posts
I want it. now. right now. Angel would look positively ANGELIC in it. (And, like the last one-the wood matches my bed)
So-when will it arrive?

Where on Ebay??????????????

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I can't believe you let it go for that price! Another suggestion - I don't know the dimensions, but that bed looks alot like the kind of furniture that girls use for their American Girls dolls. If you don't get a lot of response from the pet owners you might consider the size of those dolls and try selling in the doll area on Ebay. Once upon a time when my girls were younger I was always on the lookout for furniture that would work with those dolls.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i can't believe u let that bed go for that price!!! i hope u make lots more with this one!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
One more thing...the bed is beautiful!

Lacey has several beds but she only likes the one that has the wool like fabric in it...will you be making with different fabrics?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Jan 16 2005, 07:33 PM
One more thing...the bed is beautiful!

Lacey has several beds but she only likes the one that has the wool like fabric in it...will you be making with different fabrics?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29975
[/QUOTE]

yes i can make it in cherry, also white oak, ash, poplar, mahogany, walnut, pine, maple and more, price would depend on the wood, cherry is expensive, as is walnut and mahogany, I can make these to fit specific pet beds, like the very terry kind or others, i dont make the bedding, i cant sew

i let the first one go cheap, well, because it was my first one

I will put this up on ebay sometime this week and as msm noted i will probably list it in with doll beds too

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The bed is beautiful. I can't get over the price you sold it for. In Toronto the price for a puppy bed like that is $200- 300. Even the cotton beds medium size is about 30.00 bucks. If I had seen that bed on E-bay I would have bought it.
Too bad I'm not an ebay customer
I missed out.

You should really try to get it in a specialty small pet supply store.
I just came from one today, and the bed there was $450. Did not look anything as nice as yours.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Joe, did you not set a reserve on the bed? My dog PILLOW costs 24.99 alone! And you sold the whole bed for 30! I need to return my pillow! I feel ripped off!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jan 16 2005, 09:56 PM
Joe, did you  not set a reserve on the bed?  My dog PILLOW costs 24.99 alone!  And you sold the whole bed for 30!  I need to return my pillow!  I feel ripped off!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29985
[/QUOTE]

no, no reserve on the first one, this one will have one though, I wanted to get one bed sale under my belt even if it was for only a few dollars, thanks for all the great replies

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
That really is lovely they sell those type beds at my vets office but i never looked at the price becuase i know i cant afford it lol but yeah that is just great looking how long did it take you?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
That is awesome! Definitely set a reserve this time!!!! I cannot believe the lucky toot that got that for 30 bucks!!!! :eek: That is beautiful work!!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hey Joe: NICE puppy bed.. I LOVED it!!!!!

Here is an idea :excl:

How about all your MALT friends get a discount- the only requirement being that you are a member of this forum in good standing.

I'm sure you will have absolutely no problem selling them here- and selling even just 20 would be a very small number of people.

Also continue to put on eBay- I'm sure you will find that the demand for these will be quite high.

If you decide to do this, let me know..... I WANT 2!!!

Thanks!

Scott

1 - 20 of 23 Posts