Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have built another pet bed, I sold the first one on ebay for way cheap (30.00 including shipping), cheaper than i wanted but i made a few dollars on it, this one is much better, i have to get a bigger pillow for this one and then i'll put it on ebay too, i wont let this one go as cheap though, heres a couple of pics i snapped real quick, just finished it today, let me know what you think

·
Registered
219 Posts
I want it. now. right now. Angel would look positively ANGELIC in it. (And, like the last one-the wood matches my bed)
So-when will it arrive?

Where on Ebay??????????????

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I can't believe you let it go for that price! Another suggestion - I don't know the dimensions, but that bed looks alot like the kind of furniture that girls use for their American Girls dolls. If you don't get a lot of response from the pet owners you might consider the size of those dolls and try selling in the doll area on Ebay. Once upon a time when my girls were younger I was always on the lookout for furniture that would work with those dolls.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i can't believe u let that bed go for that price!!! i hope u make lots more with this one!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Laceys mom@Jan 16 2005, 07:33 PM
One more thing...the bed is beautiful!

Lacey has several beds but she only likes the one that has the wool like fabric in it...will you be making with different fabrics?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29975
[/QUOTE]

yes i can make it in cherry, also white oak, ash, poplar, mahogany, walnut, pine, maple and more, price would depend on the wood, cherry is expensive, as is walnut and mahogany, I can make these to fit specific pet beds, like the very terry kind or others, i dont make the bedding, i cant sew

i let the first one go cheap, well, because it was my first one

I will put this up on ebay sometime this week and as msm noted i will probably list it in with doll beds too

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The bed is beautiful. I can't get over the price you sold it for. In Toronto the price for a puppy bed like that is $200- 300. Even the cotton beds medium size is about 30.00 bucks. If I had seen that bed on E-bay I would have bought it.
Too bad I'm not an ebay customer
I missed out.

You should really try to get it in a specialty small pet supply store.
I just came from one today, and the bed there was $450. Did not look anything as nice as yours.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Joe, did you not set a reserve on the bed? My dog PILLOW costs 24.99 alone! And you sold the whole bed for 30! I need to return my pillow! I feel ripped off!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Jan 16 2005, 09:56 PM
Joe, did you  not set a reserve on the bed?  My dog PILLOW costs 24.99 alone!  And you sold the whole bed for 30!  I need to return my pillow!  I feel ripped off!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=29985
[/QUOTE]

no, no reserve on the first one, this one will have one though, I wanted to get one bed sale under my belt even if it was for only a few dollars, thanks for all the great replies

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
That really is lovely they sell those type beds at my vets office but i never looked at the price becuase i know i cant afford it lol but yeah that is just great looking how long did it take you?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
That is awesome! Definitely set a reserve this time!!!! I cannot believe the lucky toot that got that for 30 bucks!!!! :eek: That is beautiful work!!!!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hey Joe: NICE puppy bed.. I LOVED it!!!!!

Here is an idea :excl:

How about all your MALT friends get a discount- the only requirement being that you are a member of this forum in good standing.

I'm sure you will have absolutely no problem selling them here- and selling even just 20 would be a very small number of people.

Also continue to put on eBay- I'm sure you will find that the demand for these will be quite high.

If you decide to do this, let me know..... I WANT 2!!!

Thanks!

Scott

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.