Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of asking my sister-in-law for a pet dryer for Christmas. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which one is the best to get, one not to buy (worst and why) the size (are they relatively easy to store and not too bulky), is it quieter than human dryer, who has the best prices? I would appreciate any suggestions. I have a professional human dryer (actually 2 of them--one for me and one for Sassy) but I want a PET dryer. I am hoping it will not be as noisy as a human dryer. When I have to run that thing for 1 1/2 hrs. it starts to get to me.

Get to you.....whadaya think about me mommy? My ears are even more sensative than yours. ~Sassy

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I have this one....petedge. It is just a tabletop, and the dryer is not that different from a human dryer....but for the price, it does the job.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I can tell you which one to stay away from....stay away from those K9 dryers! I bought a mini at a dog show over the summer and the blower on it is so powerful that it will blow all of your grooming supplies off the table, and probably poor Sassy too. Sounds like there is a small jet taking off when you start it up. Not one of my wisest purchases.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I have this one....petedge. It is just a tabletop, and the dryer is not that different from a human dryer....but for the price, it does the job.
[/B]
I have that dryer, too, and love it! I've had it for years plus I use it to dry my bows, so it gets used a lot. It's a workhorse!

I got a groomer's 3rd arm to attach it to my grooming table for hands free drying. If you can't afford to spend $300 and up on a stand dryer, it's a great alternative.

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/B]
I have that dryer, too, and love it! I've had it for years plus I use it to dry my bows, so it gets used a lot. It's a workhorse!

I got a groomer's 3rd arm to attach it to my grooming table for hands free drying. If you can't afford to spend $300 and up on a stand dryer, it's a great alternative.
[/B]

I have a dryer stand that my professional human dryer fits into and makes the dryer much like the one you guys are talking about. It works great but I am looking for something quieter.

Has anyone used that little doggie dryer that looks like a little dog house?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
If I recall, that one doesn't heat up, just blows air. I could be wrong - it's been awhile since I've looked at dryers, so check.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
AirForce blow dryers- I've heard some really positive things about. They're also one of the pricier ones

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
[/B]

HEY!! I like that....and your right..can't beat the price. Now can you tell me what is the difference between that and using a regular human blow dryer other than it has a stand. It it quiter??? Set to one temp?? Right now I have to hold chulita and brush her out while my daughter holds our hair dryer.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
[/B]

HEY!! I like that....and your right..can't beat the price. Now can you tell me what is the difference between that and using a regular human blow dryer other than it has a stand. It it quiter??? Set to one temp?? Right now I have to hold chulita and brush her out while my daughter holds our hair dryer.
[/B]

I don't know that it is necessarily quieter...but once they get used to it, I don't know that it matters anyway.
It does have different heat settings and low/high blowing...maybe even a cool button (can't remember and I am at work) It suctions to the table or wherever you are setting it. It can come out of the stand easily too if you need it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Metro Airforce Commander 2-Speed Dryer 7th of 12 items

view larger image A powerful floor/table dryer with 2-speed performance, allowing you to groom large or small breeds with 1 dryer. Lightweight & portable. Offers easy-change filter & dual mounted legs that allow for use vertically or horizontally. Includes 6' flexible hose with air flow control, air flare, groomer rake & air concentrator. 1-yr factory warranty.
Catalog error on pricing. The correct price is $142.95.

Jeffers Shipping Policies
Chat with a LIVE Customer Service representative

This is the one I have.
It is not any quiter than my human hair dryer. It is much stronger than my human dryer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts