Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Pet friendly apartments

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  RAZMO 
#1 ·
I have spent the last 3-4 days calling all these different apartments to find a place for my husband to live next year. I have never had this much trouble finding an apartment to rent. It just seems like some cities are much more pet friendly than others. And I guess my biggest frustration is why some apartments allow cats but not small dogs. We have never really had a cat, but don't they sometimes scratch furniture or have some toilet training issues just as much as dogs? Why is a non-shedding 6 lb dog (who is not much of a barker) so much worse than a cat? Ughhhhhhhh.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
The area is Santa Barbara. I don't know what's wrong with these people.... The cost of renting a house or even 2 bedroom apartment is just too high for us since we will have 2 places to rent (one for me and one for him) all year long!

Bren, that sounds great! If I could just have some way of traveling fast..

Jessica,

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!!

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by mee@Jun 5 2005, 07:46 PM
u can check out craigs list and click on the city that u want to search for

and click on housing/ apt rentals and click on the DOG box and search..

theres a lot of houses or apts that allow dogs but then its just the matter of how much u can pay for the montly rent 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69390
[/QUOTE]

Mee,

I just looked at the website, but is this just for San Francisco? It will definitely be useful for the year after next year (that's when we are moving to San Francisco). But for next year, my husband is spending a year at KITP at UCSB. So he needs to live in Santa Barbara!

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by mee+Jun 5 2005, 08:19 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-okw
@Jun 5 2005, 10:13 PM

Mee,

I just looked at the website, but is this just for San Francisco?  It will definitely be useful for the year after next year (that's when we are moving to San Francisco).  But for next year, my husband is spending a year at KITP at UCSB.  So he needs to live in Santa Barbara!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69405
nope, if u look on right of the screen, theres city names in tiny letters and click on the city u want to search
and then u'll get the city's front page and search for HOUSING/APT

hope that made sense

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=69408
[/B][/QUOTE]

YES! Thank you so much!!!!

Discussion starter · #14 ·
I finally found an apartment. Wow, what an effort. Days and days of calling and two full days of visiting 5-6 apartments each day. I have also decided that when I retire, I am going to buy an apartment complex and allow only tenants with dogs. No cats, not people without pets!!! Sorry cat lovers, but I have had it with people discriminating against dogs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.