Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Pet friendly apartments

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  RAZMO 
Tell me about it! When I was moving up here from Atlanta, I thought I was going to have to move in with a friend of mine (and her two newfoundlands!) while I spent all my free time finding DOG-friendly apartments! I found so many that took cats, it was silly. If the apt didnt specify their policy online (or on rent.net or apartmentguide.com or something like that), I would send them an email asking if they were "small toy breed dog friendly", that way, they could know up front that I dont own a great dane or anything like that LOL. I found it interesting that moreso in northern cities, there is a monthly pet fee (sometimes in addition to the up-front pet deposit you pay at move-in!), whereas we usually only found a one-time pet fee in the south. I'm sure that there are some in the south that have monthly fees, I'm just saying that I never came across any.

The Buttercup and I are in a SUPER dog-friendly building. The owner's mother has a maltese, so we knew we were IN! Buttercup's best friends in the building are the chow (Mouse), and the jack russell (Lucy). The two dachsunds are her least favorites. LOL. Actually, ALL of the doxies in the building annoy the crap out of her. She gets visably upset at their barking LOL. If she could speak, I'm sure she'd say "O.M.G. will you SHUT the H*** up?!?!?" But she wouldnt curse, she doesnt use the bad language that her mommy uses, hehehehe

ann marie and the "we love our apartment and everyone here, especially when they deliver packages and mommy's not home! i get extra treats then! please send more packages!" buttercup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.