Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with a woman who shall remain nameless, from the information line to Williamsburg VA. I got mini-vacation as a gift, with some $ and a tourbook for there since I have been wanting to go there for awhile. I hear the food is good and I like a little bit of history.

I wanted to take Phoebe, even though I know she will have to spend some time in the hotel. I wanted to see if there were places she could go at all besides that, in case taking her is a bad idea. The woman on the phone was so rude, just because I asked! She was so snotty when she said, among other things, "We arent pet friendly", and I said, "well YOU arent 'friendly' at all"!!! I sent a nasty email to their info line to tell them about it too. I am on a mission for better customer service around the world or something...

Does anyone have any other ideas for something like this in the NE? I mean, there has to be places you can go with pets- this is just crazy. Maybe I need to move out of this part of the world. Its not like I am asking if she can have a reservation at the restaurant or if they will take her for a walk every day. I talked to another hotel for the wedding and the lady was SO nice and even offered to help find a place I could take her. This was a rude awakening I will say.

Sorry I get so upset when people are nasty

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Maybe look online and ask around about cabin rentals or something...
We decided to go to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Tennessee this year (mountains) instead of the beach, because I refused to leave Brink for a week, and we could find no pet friendly places at the beach.
Anyway, I found some hotels, but then found this great cabin! CLICK HERE! Much better than a hotel!
Brinkley can come...we have our own private hot tub!
The kids have access to a big pool...we are SO excited! July can't come fast enough!
I think it was only 50$ extra for him to come...something like that...it wasn't much!

It is REALLY hard to find pet friendly places in some areas! My dog makes less of a problem than some people's skin kids! -_-

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
That cabin looks awesome....! The rates are great too compared to California prices for something as nice as that! You all are going to have so much fun!! Yay! Brink gets to go too!!!
Off topic-I know but how is Spencer doing?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by tlunn@May 17 2005, 02:46 PM
Maybe look online and ask around about cabin rentals or something...
We decided to go to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Tennessee this year (mountains) instead of the beach, because I refused to leave Brink for a week, and we could find no pet friendly places at the beach.
Anyway, I found some hotels, but then found this great cabin! CLICK HERE! Much better than a hotel!
Brinkley can come...we have our own private hot tub!
The kids have access to a big pool...we are SO excited! July can't come fast enough! 
I think it was only 50$ extra for him to come...something like that...it wasn't much!

It is REALLY hard to find pet friendly places in some areas!  My dog makes less of a problem than some people's skin kids! -_-
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62932
[/QUOTE]

That is really nice! I never thought of a cabin in the woods but you have me thinking. You guys will have a great time! I cant wait to hear how it goes

·
Registered
522 Posts
Lucky you Tlunn! We spent our honeymoon in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Tennessee and it's the most wonderful place on earth. Unfortunately it's a 10 hour drive for us or I'd move there in a heartbeat. We stayed in this cabin.
Our honeymoon cabin

Back to the original post, sorry about that holliberry but I get passionate about my honeymoon. hee hee. I loved your comeback to the non pet friendly witch. I think no one really cares about public relations anymore. Ya tell them you're taking your business elsewhere and they're like "so what?".

You could always come to Gettysburg Pennsylvania for history and pet friendly places. I'd even be your personal tour guide.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 20202@May 17 2005, 03:55 PM
Lucky you Tlunn!  We spent our honeymoon in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Tennessee and it's the most wonderful place on earth.  Unfortunately it's a 10 hour drive for us or I'd move there in a heartbeat.  We stayed in this cabin.
  Our honeymoon cabin

Back to the original post, sorry about that holliberry but I get passionate about my honeymoon.  hee hee.  I loved your comeback to the non pet friendly witch.  I think no one really cares about public relations anymore.  Ya tell them you're taking your business elsewhere and they're like "so what?". 

You could always come to Gettysburg Pennsylvania for history and pet friendly places.  I'd even be your personal tour guide.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62955
[/QUOTE]

You guys both have me ready to go to this place for my vacation this year! I have wanted to take a road trip, and taking Phoebe is all the better. I am going to mention this tonight over dinner. BF loves to humor me, so I should be able to talk him into this instead of Las Vegas. Poor guy has been dying to go there.

I *did* tell them I would take my money elsewhere with her kind of attitude. I'm sure they don't really care. I worked with the public for many years and even on my worst days I was sweet as pie just because thats how I was raised. I might want to kill you, but I'll do it with a smile on my face

I would also love to get to Gettysburg someday so you never know! That would be nice to see you guys

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I don't know where in NE you were planning to go, but we recently went to New York and its extremely dog friendly!!

I also love to talk about our honeymoon
. We went to Paris for 2 weeks (and spent more money than we have) but it was the best experience. Also, a very dog friendly place, but at that time we didn't even have Miko (he was "born" after our wedding).

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
here is a possibility...
http://www.simmonshomesteadinn.com/

This is in MA:
http://www.theoctagonhouse.com/

Mystic seaport, Ct has a few pet friendly accomodations
Amerisuites is one but I don't think they allow you to leave the pooch in the room.
http://www.amerisuites.com/reservations/resfaq.asp

I have a whole list of pet freindly places in the New England Area..
There is one that is so pet friendly ( a bed and breakfast I believe) that has a hospitality basket for the pooch . One place I recall even had a pet-sitting service for those times when you want to go off to sightsee where the pooch is not allowed.
I will try to find that ( I then to think that is in Maine though)

here's one in Hamptons Bay..
http://www.bowensbythebays.com/price-policy.html

I had called Fort William Henry Inn at lake george 2 summers ago to see if we could bring Missy there ( I gave her size and breed) and they said yes we could, I think if you kept her secured in a carrying bag .. there are a lot of places that wopuld hardly even notice you had her with you... say in mystic and you went to the Aquarium or such. I will say likely most restaurants most places...might not allow.

here is a general reference link to pet friendly accomodations
http://www.petfriendlytravel.com/

another place..
http://www.oldcolonialmotel.com/
Good luck!
Terry and Missy

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
There are several websites that offer information for pet-friendly travel. I just joined Pets on the Go.com and they will even let you know which restaurants and shops will allow your pet. Their database also includes walking tours and other attractions. They have a trial membership for $5.00 which I tried and then joined for a year. I also use it to find local things. hth

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
AAA motor club will send you a list of pet friendly hotels and such for each state if you are a member.

What a nasty woman!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
im soo glad you said something!! i dont have the guts to say things sometimes. lol. and reporting her was great!!

i hope you find a pet friendly vacation!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts