Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another 'question(s!) of the day'... do you have pet insurance? If so, with what company and what type of coverage? Would you recommend it? Just wondering... someone recommended it to me and I was curious what you're thoughts were. Thanks...

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have heard of it, but haven't checked into it, but was discussing it with hubby as we are about to make another huge investment into a little Yorkie, so between three dogs, it may be the cheaper route to go for them with shots, check ups, etc.........

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't have it but my cousin did.

It was like $200 up front and $25 or $30 a month. It include free office visits and discounted spay and nueter. Personally I think it really evens itself out. It may be worth it, as a pup for the first year or so, but after that routine visits once a year is cheaper. It may be worth it for older dogs as well. I'm not sure of the coverage for illness's as an adult.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i dont have it for Parker but in two years I will be his vet, plus i already get discounts at the vet school. the ones that pay for routine things like shots and heartworm preventative are good things. better to have a healthy pet, than a sick one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts