Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me of a good place to order a memorial stone or marker? My family is thinking that when the time comes we would like to bury Oreo in the back yard in our garden. I was thinking it would be nice to have a memorial stone or marker.

Thanks

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
I have not checked on the quality but I know that PetSmart also offer markers.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I think we would want the more natural looking engraved rock. If anyone else knows of any other good sites please let me know. I think I also like the ones with a paw print or something on it.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Our friends went down to the local headstone place (what else do you call those places?
) and got one for their dog. I haven't seen it yet b/c it had to be ordered, but they were pleased with it. They just went to check there before they ordered one somewhere else. You might look into it. It is hard to think about, I agree.

·
Registered
17,036 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Msloke@Oct 20 2005, 06:51 AM
Thank you.  It's in the corner of my big garden.  It doesn't show up in the picture but that vertical brown thing in the top center of the picture is a statute, about 3' tall, of St. Francis of Assisi. Can't find the photo I was looking for, but this will give you a better idea.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111579
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! That is kind of what I'm thinking of.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Originally posted by Msloke@Oct 20 2005, 07:51 AM
Thank you.  It's in the corner of my big garden.  It doesn't show up in the picture but that vertical brown thing in the top center of the picture is a statute, about 3' tall, of St. Francis of Assisi. Can't find the photo I was looking for, but this will give you a better idea.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111579
[/QUOTE]

that is beautifu. and I love St. Francis of Assisi. I take Bella to church every year on October 4th to be blessed because it's St. Francis of Assisi day.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Msloke@Oct 20 2005, 10:05 AM
I did some checking, the one I bought is the Natural New England blue slate, it's under the "rectangular memorials" link on their page. I think it's about 1-1/2"-2" thick. Here the link to that one:

http://www.plaquesandmore.com/recmem1.html

It kinda freaked me out a bit when I got it.  It looks an awful lot like the profile of Diamond Head in Hawaii, which is my favorite place in the world.  I always do the hike to the top every time I go there.  It's a special place to me, first time I went up there was after my dad had passed away so it was rather poignant that Casey's marker had that shape I think.  Drat, tears are starting.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=111639
[/QUOTE]
LOL! I looked at that one last night. I really liked it but they showed it on a stand. For some reason it didn't dawn on me I could take it out of the stand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts