Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a nail grinder to use on Sassy's nails. When we start the Pet Therapy I need for her nails to be nice and smooth so she will not accidentially scratch any of the patients. Does anyone know of a good one? I found these PetEdge I don't know whether to go with the corded or cordless. Has anyone seen them elsewhere or maybe even the same with a better price. Truthfully I would like to find free shipping and a company that gives good service and shipping. I could even add the pet travel bed, and or the pet blow dryer that I posted to the order. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
My friend has the master groomer's one from petedge and I didn't like it. It just felt awkward, it's kinda long and it really felt like I needed an extra hand to use it. My friend is fine with it though, he dog is a bigger breed. I tried it out on Tic and it worked fine, but JMO, I would prefer a smaller one. I don't know about pricing, but petedge has really great service.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I know this is not a nail grinder but have you considered "soft paws" they are these tiny plastic nail caps that fit over thier nails and so if they scratch there is like no nail there.

I use them on my cat and loooove them. I know there is someone on here that thier vet is the one that 'invented' them but I am terrible with names and can't remember.

Anyway here is the website...

http://www.softpaws.net/

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know this is not a nail grinder but have you considered "soft paws" they are these tiny plastic nail caps that fit over thier nails and so if they scratch there is like no nail there.

I use them on my cat and loooove them. I know there is someone on here that thier vet is the one that 'invented' them but I am terrible with names and can't remember.

http://www.softpaws.net/[/B]

I had thought about the soft paws but I was concerned about how to remove them when you need to trim nails. Don't they glue on like fake nails? Are they easily removed?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts

http://www.softpaws.net/[/B]

I had thought about the soft paws but I was concerned about how to remove them when you need to trim nails. Don't they glue on like fake nails? Are they easily removed?
[/B]
Pat,I use the soft paws on my daughters cat,You really do not have to worry about taking them off,or trimming the nails.As the nails grow out,it has been my experence that the soft paws fall off on their own as the nail grows.It lasts us around 6 to 8 weeks.Then we trim the nails and reapply.

·
Registered
117 Posts
se t
I am thinking about getting a nail grinder to use on Sassy's nails. When we start the Pet Therapy I need for her nails to be nice and smooth so she will not accidentially scratch any of the patients. Does anyone know of a good one? I found these PetEdge I don't know whether to go with the corded or cordless. Has anyone seen them elsewhere or maybe even the same with a better price. Truthfully I would like to find free shipping and a company that gives good service and shipping. I could even add the pet travel bed, and or the pet blow dryer that I posted to the order. Any suggestions?[/B]

I use the Minimite Dremel tool on *Tinks* nails. She will not let me use anything else. My groomer recomended it for smooth nails. I find it to be a very convenient size and not having a cord makes it much easier to use. Just be very careful not to let the tool grab any of her long hair. If that should happen the tool will automatically stop. When I was first using the tool I caught her tail in it, which scared me to death. Hubby had to help remove the hair, but it didn't hurt *Tink* a bit. I have heard that if you wrap tulle around the paw and poke the nails through it that it will prevent any hair from getting caught in the grinder. Here is a link so you can see what it looks like. I bought mine at either Home Depot or Lowes (can't remember).

Also, if you are "crafty" this tool is great.

Good luck!

http://www.dremel.com/HTML/home_fr.html

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
se t
I am thinking about getting a nail grinder to use on Sassy's nails. When we start the Pet Therapy I need for her nails to be nice and smooth so she will not accidentially scratch any of the patients. Does anyone know of a good one? I found these PetEdge I don't know whether to go with the corded or cordless. Has anyone seen them elsewhere or maybe even the same with a better price. Truthfully I would like to find free shipping and a company that gives good service and shipping. I could even add the pet travel bed, and or the pet blow dryer that I posted to the order. Any suggestions?[/B]

I use the Minimite Dremel tool on *Tinks* nails. She will not let me use anything else. My groomer recomended it for smooth nails. I find it to be a very convenient size and not having a cord makes it much easier to use. Just be very careful not to let the tool grab any of her long hair. If that should happen the tool will automatically stop. When I was first using the tool I caught her tail in it, which scared me to death. Hubby had to help remove the hair, but it didn't hurt *Tink* a bit. I have heard that if you wrap tulle around the paw and poke the nails through it that it will prevent any hair from getting caught in the grinder. Here is a link so you can see what it looks like. I bought mine at either Home Depot or Lowes (can't remember).

Also, if you are "crafty" this tool is great.

Good luck!

http://www.dremel.com/HTML/home_fr.html
[/B]

Great thanks for the info. LadyMontava PM'd me because her boss invented those soft claws. I think I am going to give them a try but I want a tool also for grooming day. Hey, now Sassy will really be a SM with her fake nails
Hmmmmm, wonder what color we will choose?

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I think having the colored nails will be really cute and I bet the patients will really love seeing them. Sometimes "necessity is the mother of invention". I think either red or pink would be a good color for her!

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think having the colored nails will be really cute and I bet the patients will really love seeing them. Sometimes "necessity is the mother of invention". I think either red or pink would be a good color for her![/B]

That is what I was thinking. I won't do blue or anything funky.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.